The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 41 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statement signing/s. We got promoted, we survived, we've consolidated. And so I totally agree, in fact, it looks to me to be now or 'never' when it comes to bringing in some in that really scream 'we are back' and convince other players already here we aren't a stepping stone.

No.1 priority is creativity in midfield. Without Jack we have absolutely none.
We need a locksmith of a player....Barkley can be that, but sadly isnt. Ramsey could be that player.
Someone to sit in the hole and be able to receive the ball under pressure.

No.1 priority is creativity in midfield. Without Jack we have absolutely none.
We need a locksmith of a player....Barkley can be that, but sadly isnt. Ramsey could be that player.
Someone to sit in the hole and be able to receive the ball under pressure.

Look no further than Buendia, before him I would of said Ekrisen as he wanted to move back to the Premiership and they literally put him on the transfer list as he didn’t get on with their manager, but he’s now taken the Italian League by storm, they’re even calling him Prince over there lol.
We need that sort of player, Jacob Ramsey is one for the future, although he’ll probably be more of a CM where as his brother Arron will more likely fit that n10 role.

I wouldn't rule out Buendia. He and Jack could provide a formidable level of creativity in attack, and I like his attitude.

Marque signings? Not against them but it has to be the right signing. No matter who you sign you can never be certain about how they turn out. We do need to be aiming that bit higher than last year simply to keep moving forwards.

I wouldn't rule out Buendia. He and Jack could provide a formidable level of creativity in attack, and I like his attitude.

Marque signings? Not against them but it has to be the right signing. No matter who you sign you can never be certain about how they turn out. We do need to be aiming that bit higher than last year simply to keep moving forwards.

I love the idea of signing Buendia. Maybe Martinez could have a word.
The only thing is, would he leave straight away? Considering they've just been promoted? Although another good season and i think were 'established' again

I love the idea of signing Buendia. Maybe Martinez could have a word.
The only thing is, would he leave straight away? Considering they've just been promoted? Although another good season and i think were 'established' again

He had his head turned at the start of the season and the manager had to leave him out of games because his move got turned now, manager has said he won’t play any player that wants to move, a couple of weeks ago he has said he doesn’t know where he’ll be playing next season.

I said before the season started we should of got him and that he’s my second favourite player to watch behind Jack, the link below is 3 months old so doesn’t even include the content since, it’s just focused on passing but he does it every single game, no matter where he is on the pitch his vision is second to none in my eyes, that’s without his shooting/dribbling.

He was doing his magic in the Premiership with a poor Norwich team, he out performed Jack in his very first season in England at 2 years younger, he knows when to pass and when to run at players.
I don’t know if we’re ready to spend 40m on one player, but it’s definitely the next step we need to make.

This.

My heart sinks when i read people talking up the likes of Toney and Buendia I’m afraid . These are not statement signings. We needed to do a couple of statement signings last summer as well and I said so at the time . Signings basically to show SJ and us we mean business .

Last season signing Barkley might have just been enough to keep Jack happy for another season, but I agree we need to show how serious we are otherwise he'll be off and who could blame him.

I suggested Coutinho, but apparently he's way out of our league and we could never pay his wages, so what exactly a "statement" signing is, I have no idea. Signing players from the Championship is also a statement of a different kind.

Last edited:

How many clubs make genuine marque signings? As long as we make good improvements it will be fine, Buendia for instance represents a massive improvement on what we have.

He's largely been diabolical for Chelsea

That’s why I believe he might be in our budget, he’s one of the quickest players in the game, he was largely shit under Lampard, over the last 4 seasons only 3 men have scored more than him over 5 divisions, he’s now playing as a left sided n10, he’s just turned 25, and he was under immense pressure to perform with his record, we all know that pressure doesn’t go away it just builds game after game.

An because he hasn’t hit those heights as expected we should get him at a reduced rate, definitely would help Chelsea to attract Rice, Bellingham or Haangland.

Wener has performed much better under Tuchel thats for sure, got a link somewhere that might break it down.

Werner won't be leaving Chelsea. Apparently his goals plus assists equal 19 so far this season.

On a slightly different subject,........ Lee Hendrie.

Ex Villa player, heard nothing from/about him for months and months and months.

Suddenly, he's gobbing his mouth off saying 'we' should sign this player, that player almost every other bloody day. Is he trying to make up for lost time after doing his impression of Rumple Stiltskin or what?.......

On a slightly different subject,........ Lee Hendrie.

Ex Villa player, heard nothing from/about him for months and months and months.

Suddenly, he's gobbing his mouth off saying 'we' should sign this player, that player almost every other bloody day. Is he trying to make up for lost time after doing his impression of Rumple Stiltskin or what?.......

Lee Hendrie is a regular pundit / commentator on Sky, Graham.

He's missed loads of chances, if they start going in, you never know he might look the part

Craziest thing is Ollie’s probably missed around the same and he’s our main striker, (me editing and checking stats)

Ollie 7 hit the post, 11 big chances missed, goal contribution 15, big chances created 6, shooting accuracy 44% 80 shots.

Werner 5 hit the post, 16 big chances missed, goal contribution 16, big chances created 7, shooting accuracy 42% 62 shots.

Both quite similar and yet we’re calling Werner woeful, both players first season in the Premiership, both have a lot to improve on next season.

The next level is going to cost us more in transfers, but that's just the way it is these days. Better players cost more and we have owners now who can and will spend money. We have more wiggle room now cos we have stayed in the top flight another season. Our record fee for Ollie will be eclipsed in summer. Fringe players and those whose contracts are coming to an end will make way for players I fully expect to become part of our first 11, we are not going to be looking at squad fillers that's for sure. The likes of McGinn, Traore, Wesley may find it harder to get picked if the quality we should now be looking at can be brought in. Buendia, Abraham, Tarkowski are all gettable cos Aston Villa should be a big draw again. It is a statement of intent by the owners and the club that we mean business to push on.

Status
Not open for further replies.