The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 40 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say when Tammy decided he wanted to try and see if he could make it with Chelsea, that he was only there because they couldn't sign anyone else.
He was never going to be good enough for a club with PL winning aspirations.
I haven't changed my mind, Ollie is a better all-around player, and even he won't get us the the promised land

I did say when Tammy decided he wanted to try and see if he could make it with Chelsea, that he was only there because they couldn't sign anyone else.
He was never going to be good enough for a club with PL winning aspirations.
I haven't changed my mind, Ollie is a better all-around player, and even he won't get us the the promised land

Nobody will get us to the 'promised land' when we only play one up front.

I wouldn’t mind Dele Ali at all. The fact that getting him (whether we are interested or not) seems plausible shows how far we’ve come in a fairly Short space of time.

watching Newcastle West Ham, I love watching st maximim.... question marks over his injury record maybe but would absolutely love him at Villa. Imagine him and Grealish in the same team - Havinf someone with that kind of ability on the ball could make a huge difference when Grealish is out as well

Would happily take Ali. I want players that are passionate and hate losing. I want players with a winning mentality.

He may of had issues concerning his behaviour/attitude but I think Dean Smith has excellent man management skills and could get the best from Ali

I think we need to make a couple of statement signings in the summer, It's no our way now but it may shut up a few pundits.

This.

My heart sinks when i read people talking up the likes of Toney and Buendia I’m afraid . These are not statement signings. We needed to do a couple of statement signings last summer as well and I said so at the time . Signings basically to show SJ and us we mean business .

Last edited:
This.

My heart sinks when i read people talking up the likes of Toney and Buendia I’m afraid . These are not statement signings. We needed to do a couple of statement signings last summer and I said so at the time .
Danny Welbeck on a free transfer? How about an £80m bid for Lingard?

This.

My heart sinks when i read people talking up the likes of Toney and Buendia I’m afraid . These are not statement signings. We needed to a couple of statement signings last summer and I said so at the time .

I’m all for signing players who are in their early-ish 20’s as long as they’ve consistently proven themselves at different levels. I wanted us to sign James Justin, Bowen in recent years, the Tim Cahill’s in years gone by. It doesn’t always workout out, but a hungry player who can perform each time they step up is a good strategy in my opinion. It also means that they potentially have a sell on value which isn’t what we want to see but it’s good for the club.

It’s better than buying players who have already been at a big club, their career is on the downward slide and they’re after a final pay day.

Of course I’d like a marquee signing to put us on the map again, as I think as a club we need that, but we can only afford one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.