The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 241 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance are we done, the owners will know the fans will be hurting.. They'll try and soften the blow.
They'll go all out to bring back a fan favourite with some midfield steel and grit... Westwood is on his way!

Who knows what these owners will do we've had sod all communication from them and we've just lost our star asset on their watch. Overall they've been good but Lerner was brilliant in the beginning too. Big couple of years coming up for these owners now. They better re-invest this Grealish money on top of Buendia and Bailey or they're in trouble and so are we.

Buys us 12 months to get 12 months into a youngster to become back up is the only way it makes sense.

I don't see a buy, he hasn't progressed. I also don't see him getting more than Cup games.

He could be really useful in a couple of ways.
If by some miracle DS were to play a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 or a 3-6-1 formation. Then again if we lose Luiz and Nakamba in the New Year, due to international call-ups for cup games, Axel could either play DM or replace Ezri to play DM.

Personally I don't think he's good enough for us these days.

I don't either, he's stalled too much sadly and to catch up he needs weekly games and I don't see him ahead of Hause now - it's why a cheap time buyer to get another youngster out is all that makes sense to me.

No, I'm suggesting that unfortunately, at this moment in time, we're not in a place where we can get him because Villa aren't seen as a big enough step up.

But IMO that does lead to the question of why Southampton and Arsenal can keep JWP and ESR but we can't keep Grealish.

So its got nothing to be with being a loyal fan then!

Man City can offer Jack the chance to play in the biggest games in club football, we can offer Ward-Prowse a pay rise and maybe the chance to be challenging for Europe if we progress. There isnt really a question to answer on that

The only way it would make sense is if we were to buy him after, and Utd have extended his contract to get a few more shekels from us.

Otherwise yeah, it's ridiculous, we're supposed to be done improving other teams players.
On a day where we probably lose the best player we've had in years we announce the sort of signing we were making a few years ago in the Chumpionship. Certainly a downer.

I say, no option to buy, no deal and no point. We're not some pissant little club looking to survive.

On a day where we probably lose the best player we've had in years we announce the sort of signing we were making a few years ago in the Chumpionship. Certainly a downer.

I say, no option to buy, no deal and no point. We're not some pissant little club looking to survive.
Underwhelming isn't the word.
I'd rather sign noone. At least we would have hope and suspense. This just seems like a smack in the mouth and 3 years of backwards steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.