The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 239 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neves has been forced to play a more defensive role, which is why he wont have the same highlights reel that you could produce for Ward-Prowse. He has scored a few screamers over the last few years though - looks a better footballer to me. as well but all about opinions I guess
Don’t get me wrong I think Neves is a top quality player, but my point is that is he not too similar to Luiz? Would struggle to fit both in whereas I think Ward Prowse would maybe be more of an all rounder which would be more useful to help fill the void left by Grealish

Right footed left wing forward sought. £100m or less.
Must be available to start immediately.
Reckon Buendia will fill that space with Bailey on the opposite side. Can’t see us being in for another winger considering we also have Bert and El Ghazi as back up plus Trezeguet to come back and Bidace impressing in pre season

Yes but, just how often does he create/score a goal at the top level?

Jack did basically got done in the Championship at 23 by a 21 Buendia, And Cantwell has done more at 23 in the Championship than Jack at 23.

Again Rowe looks very promising too, Jacks starting to hit his prime, nearly 26, Cantwell has potential but we all know no one can really replace Jack, Pereira contributed the same amount as Jack because he lasted the whole season.

Going by the last two seasons he’ll most likely have another injury if he played every minute of the season, I actually think he’s been very lucky not to have a serious injury the way he lets people tackle him to win free kicks.

This might just be the best to thing for all parties, now it’s up to the owners to come good and bring more quality in.

This is like a bad breakup, you got to focus on any positives you can, perhaps we can ask Mings to have a word with his therapist to give us Villa fans some advice 😌

i'm not sure this signing the Norwich midfield is a good idea. They are effectively good championship players and that is all

I disagree, I wouldn't say Buendia is a bad signing just like I wouldnt say Watkins was bad when we bought him? Some players are exceptions. Cantwell looks quality and would be a risk but its one I think we should possibly take. Got the makings of being a player like Jack and Maddison.

It's also a case now of being realistic as to who we can attract, i'd say Maddison would not come he'd see us as a step down certainly with Grealish gone. But Cantwell is a top level Championship player which may also translate into lower bottom half Prem league (15 - 20th)

I hope not, we need much better quality than Todd Cantwell with Grealish leaving.
Just can’t see the point in trying to replace Grealish with an inferior version. It will just end in disaster when we quickly realise no one can replicate what he did on the pitch for us. We did the right thing bringing in Bailey who’s more of a pace player and therefore a different style of player

think we're done for incoming unless any of those exciting targets are secretly about to be wrapped up.
Anyone we're in for now has prob doubled in price (even with the pittance we've agreed) and the attraction has just taken a dump.

I'd be more worried about holding onto to other the sellable assets we have

think we're done for incoming unless any of those exciting targets are secretly about to be wrapped up.
Anyone we're in for now has prob doubled in price (even with the pittance we've agreed) and the attraction has just taken a dump.

If that is indeed it for our signings this window then we are going to be in a real mess this season.

Yep, Watkins and Mings maybe Konsa are all obvious targets for the Sky 6 and i would not be surprised if a bid came along before 31 Aug

No chance are we done, the owners will know the fans will be hurting.. They'll try and soften the blow.
They'll go all out to bring back a fan favourite with some midfield steel and grit... Westwood is on his way!

No chance are we done, the owners will know the fans will be hurting.. They'll try and soften the blow.
They'll go all out to bring back a fan favourite with some midfield steel and grit... Westwood is on his way!
Harry Winks and Chris Wood spotted at The Belfry

Status
Not open for further replies.