The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 240 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
think we're done for incoming unless any of those exciting targets are secretly about to be wrapped up.
Anyone we're in for now has prob doubled in price (even with the pittance we've agreed) and the attraction has just taken a dump.

I'd be more worried about holding onto to other the sellable assets we have

Give over. We've sold one star player who had an agreement in place with us that he could go for a particular offer. Pretty sure if we wanted to off load the others you mentioned, we would only need to let their agents know and we would have clubs queuing up to sign them

Attracting quality players will be very difficult if Jack goes. People will see us now as a feeder club for the top 6. As fans we see the attraction of Villa but outsiders just see us a nothing club that has always sold it's best assets.

well we don't know the agreement as such (or if there even was one) or how negotiable it was
Their agents will do the work for them and give the nod to the big clubs in much the same Jack did I guess

Attracting quality players will be very difficult if Jack goes. People will see us now as a feeder club for the top 6. As fans we see the attraction of Villa but outsiders just see us a nothing club that has always sold it's best assets.
I doubt Bailey signed on the basis of Grealish being there.

haha what a load of bollox. Are you seriously suggesting if one of Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea came in with a £50m bid, he wouldn't jump at the chance to join them?

No, I'm suggesting that unfortunately, at this moment in time, we're not in a place where we can get him because Villa aren't seen as a big enough step up.

But IMO that does lead to the question of why Southampton and Arsenal can keep JWP and ESR but we can't keep Grealish.

No, I'm suggesting that unfortunately, at this moment in time, we're not in a place where we can get him because Villa aren't seen as a big enough step up.

But IMO that does lead to the question of why Southampton and Arsenal can keep JWP and ESR but we can't keep Grealish.

Neither were told they were sacrificed and had to move on to keep the clubs lights on and then u-turned. Jack reacted the right way - buy out clause or a simple promise if he goes for me. We're honouring that in the way he did by knuckling down despite Xia's shit.

He gave it for us, now we round the squad whilst he gets Europe/England exposure in a way we can't guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.