The Stadium! | Page 159 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

This is good news but Levy definitely giving answers investors want to hear and not fans, the main criticism of him is that he cares more about the bottom line than trophies - to the point where we've missed opportunities to solidify ourselves as a more major force with a little extra investment.
Definitely a sales pitch to the investors. However, our net spend has been circa £70m this TF. Let's see if it will continue.

You know I get entirely fed up having to repeat this again and again - it's almost as if when a liar keeps repeating a lie that all around him believe it to be true - despite ALL the evidence to the contrary.

I guess a negative opinion is better than factual proof.

WE had money to spend, Poch choose not to spend it for target reasons; that's been confirmed by multiple sources and not just me who said it first here.

As for the short term,in football, shit happens; injuries happen and circumstances are not always under your control - but once again, I repeat (as this was what was alleged), the stadium build/overrun - did NOT and has NOT impacted our ability to spend transfer money. End of!

I will have to vent my ire in the direction of Poch and the scouting team it seems. It's all their fault we have not been able to improve our first 11 for 3 windows.

You know I get entirely fed up having to repeat this again and again - it's almost as if when a liar keeps repeating a lie that all around him believe it to be true - despite ALL the evidence to the contrary.

I guess a negative opinion is better than factual proof.

WE had money to spend, Poch choose not to spend it for target reasons; that's been confirmed by multiple sources and not just me who said it first here.

As for the short term,in football, shit happens; injuries happen and circumstances are not always under your control - but once again, I repeat (as this was what was alleged), the stadium build/overrun - did NOT and has NOT impacted our ability to spend transfer money. End of!

Add to this

Levy has said he could have spent more in the summer.

Wonder the reason why we didn’t complete Fernandes

Add to this

Levy has said he could have spent more in the summer.

Wonder the reason why we didn’t complete Fernandes

The one thing you can take to the bank is that if the deal doesn't stack up, he won't do it - even with the new found financial freedom that he can now see before for the first time in our history.

Besides the lack of sales of players we expect to see go such as Toby, Vert, Rose, Victor, Eriksen would give anyone/everyone pause for thought - there is a limit to foreign players in a squad and that too would have had an effect....

The one thing you can take to the bank is that if the deal doesn't stack up, he won't do it - even with the new found financial freedom that he can now see before for the first time in our history.

Besides the lack of sales of players we expect to see go such as Toby, Vert, Rose, Victor, Eriksen would give anyone/everyone pause for thought - there is a limit to foreign players in a squad and that too would have had an effect....

Think Fernandes deal is short term thinking - given CE is off he would have had a year to settle before taking over.

Maybe Dybala changed this?

Think Fernandes deal is short term thinking - given CE is off he would have had a year to settle before taking over.

Maybe Dybala changed this?

Can't argue with that, it makes absolute sense. That said, I still believe our priorities next summer will be a CB and perhaps another LB and maybe one attacking player - but don't be surprised if we sell Moura as we do it.

By the way, did everyone take note of 'Rugby' being mentioned by Levy - it adds meat to the bones of us being a home stadium for Saracens Football Club in perhaps the not too distant future and a home for Rugby 7's?

Definitely a sales pitch to the investors. However, our net spend has been circa £70m this TF. Let's see if it will continue.

Not really, that was done months ago - he can say and do whatever he likes now he's got their money!

Next will be a private placement of shares; how soon is anyone's guess, but I suspect it's really not very far away now and then it will be bye bye to Uncle Joe...

By the way, did everyone take note of 'Rugby' being mentioned by Levy - it adds meat to the bones of us being a home stadium for Saracens Football Club in perhaps the not too distant future and a home for Rugby 7's?

Twickers won’t give up the 7s World Series (an excellent day out if not been)

Middlesex 7s maybe

Can't argue with that, it makes absolute sense. That said, I still believe our priorities next summer will be a CB and perhaps another LB and maybe one attacking player - but don't be surprised if we sell Moura as we do it.

Next summer we will need rb/lb/2 CB/Am as a min

I think we will do business in Jan

Twickers won’t give up the 7s World Series (an excellent day out if not been)

Middlesex 7s maybe

There is real talk of a new &'s venue/format - saw it in a presentation about the new stadium a long time ago, so wouldn't write off our chances of capturing/putting on an additional competition. And I try and go to the HK 7's whenever I can (visit some old colleagues there and so it turns in a week+ long drinking session - and yes I love it at Twikers too).

Next summer we will need rb/lb/2 CB/Am as a min

I think we will do business in Jan

Obviously Idisagreee about RB and we may already have our AM solution - It's incredibly difficult to do biz in Jan that would tick Levy's 'sensible deal' terms, but I wouldn't say we won't - just think on balance we try not to.

These are interesting comments. We could have easily spent more . But it wouldn't guarantee success. That's mainly due to them being speculative potential rather than nailed on hit the ground running signings. If you buy top drawer players they will produce but it costs more. I'm not saying buy all top drawer , I know that's not realistic.

We build from the bottom up.......prudent but long winded and still no guarantee of success.

There is no such thing as 'guaranteed' success when you're playing catch-up and I'd say most sensible people understand this.

Obviously Idisagreee about RB and we may already have our AM solution - It's incredibly difficult to do biz in Jan that would tick Levy's 'sensible deal' terms, but I wouldn't say we won't - just think on balance we try not to.

I’m team serge.

But if we consider Jan/Toby are going means Foyth is going to be needed at CB - he doesn’t seem to rate KWP

There is real talk of a new &'s venue/format - saw it in a presentation about the new stadium a long time ago, so wouldn't write off our chances of capturing/putting on an additional competition. And I try and go to the HK 7's whenever I can (visit some old colleagues there and so it turns in a week+ long drinking session - and yes I love it at Twikers too).

I’ve not done Hong Kong, I’ve done the Vegas 7s a couple of times - it’s odd seeing to squads out on the strip after the Sunday getting lashed up

I’ve not done Hong Kong, I’ve done the Vegas 7s a couple of times - it’s odd seeing to squads out on the strip after the Sunday getting lashed up

Funny, I've been to the Vegas 7s three times and never Vancouver.