The Stadium! | Page 161 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

Heard the stadium broke the European record for beer sold at an event and sold out in the 3rd quarter.

I have no interest in the NFL but maybe it'll take the edge off the empty seats at Spurs games for ENIC.

I heard the same, but I also heard that THFC put the prices up on both beer and food at the NFL game.

If true, that means that Levy is truly using the other events to subsidise the football side of the house. That means we're not just another tenant in the house that Levy built.

I heard the same, but I also heard that THFC put the prices up on both beer and food at the NFL game.

If true, that means that Levy is truly using the other events to subsidise the football side of the house. That means we're not just another tenant in the house that Levy built.
Sorry but he is just increasing revenue...whether any of it benefits the football team remains to be seen..

Sorry but he is just increasing revenue...whether any of it benefits the football team remains to be seen..

I'll knock Levy for many things, but he is perfectly entitled to get the stadium paid for ASAP by these other ventures. We should not be claiming NFL into our pot in my opinion. I would probably put the stadium naming rights into the same bucket as they should be used to pay for the stadium.

It would be nice though to get a clear articulation from Levy what is football and what is stadium/other in our financial model. He makes statements that they are mutually exclusive and has this convenient grey space so we can't delineate them. We will never really know things like our salaries as a percentage of our football turnover like other clubs.

Prices go up and down depending on who is running the bars etc . A pint of beer is normally £4 for PL matches but went up to six pounds for the NFL game . They were also dearer for the pre season friendly but a different company was in charge that day

Or he is merely trying to soak the less regular clientele. Yours is a typically generous interpretation mate.

Or he is merely trying to soak the less regular clientele. Yours is a typically generous interpretation mate.

Perhaps I'm just a generous guy. In reality, Levy has done an amazing job on the non-football side. Sponsorship deals, training facilities, new stadium etc and I'm not going to moan if he's sprinting to get the stadium paid for by charging the wannabe American sports fans a premium for a pint.

My beef with Levy is his very poor financial management on the football side. He operates to an annual financial model whereas FFP operates on a 3 year rolling basis. Why were we posting £140m profits and paying £28m to the tax man when our squad needs upgrading? Why didn't we spend so we could de-risk what was around the corner.? Why are we now watching over £200m of talent turn into zero on the balance sheet? A great businessman just isn't that stupid if he understand his marketplace.

Blaming Poch is also a cop out on the financial side in my opinion. We all observed what cards AVB got dealt by Levy on transfer fee and salary when he reluctantly lost his best player Bale. Why would Poch not squirm like hell to keep his players? That's his job. Had Levy obeyed the FFP rules and balanced his spending over a rolling 3 year period in 2017 this shit wouldn't be happening. Poch would already be nurturing the new players alongside the old ones and like Liverpool now would be the time to sit on our wallets.

Levy desperately needs someone with an instinct for football and big cajones to balance his commercial acumen if we are heading to the promised land.

Perhaps I'm just a generous guy. In reality, Levy has done an amazing job on the non-football side. Sponsorship deals, training facilities, new stadium etc and I'm not going to moan if he's sprinting to get the stadium paid for by charging the wannabe American sports fans a premium for a pint.

My beef with Levy is his very poor financial management on the football side. He operates to an annual financial model whereas FFP operates on a 3 year rolling basis. Why were we posting £140m profits and paying £28m to the tax man when our squad needs upgrading? Why didn't we spend so we could de-risk what was around the corner.? Why are we now watching over £200m of talent turn into zero on the balance sheet? A great businessman just isn't that stupid if he understand his marketplace.

Blaming Poch is also a cop out on the financial side in my opinion. We all observed what cards AVB got dealt by Levy on transfer fee and salary when he reluctantly lost his best player Bale. Why would Poch not squirm like hell to keep his players? That's his job. Had Levy obeyed the FFP rules and balanced his spending over a rolling 3 year period in 2017 this shit wouldn't be happening. Poch would already be nurturing the new players alongside the old ones and like Liverpool now would be the time to sit on our wallets.

Levy desperately needs someone with an instinct for football and big cajones to balance his commercial acumen if we are heading to the promised land.
He can head for the promised land as soon as he likes for me ?

i remember Guinness @ 15p a pint in 1974 (Jolly Brewers, Kingston upon Thames)
A few of us went to Jersey in 1972 for a two week holiday . The local beer was Mary Ann . There was the normal brew but the better one was the stronger Mary Ann Special . Normal was 4p a pint , the special was 6 p a pint . We could get 16 pints for less than pound !
None of us ever managed more than eight .Or if we did , I don’t remember it !

A few of us went to Jersey in 1972 for a two week holiday . The local beer was Mary Ann . There was the normal brew but the better one was the stronger Mary Ann Special . Normal was 4p a pint , the special was 6 p a pint . We could get 16 pints for less than pound !
None of us ever managed more than eight .Or if we did , I don’t remember it !

How much of a pint is now tax ?