The Stadium! | Page 157 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

Any news on the stadium naming rights EX?

The sponsorship packages have all been changed - so it seems that the parcelling approach for stadium and shirts is gone - which suggests we will look to do a deal separately.

AIA are the biggest insurers in the World but its operations aren't big in the US and it's brand as a consumer in the US isn't recognisable. So the seperation makes sense.

Given our NFL aspirations, I expect a North American focused global brand to be the likely sponsor.

I was aware that Coca Cola after their purchase of Costa Coffee for #4 billon was on the lookout for venue sponsorship opportunities (like the Dubai one just opened) - but being associated with the London stadium now, means that deal is off the table.

Anyway, I suspect the club has a deal on the table right now.... being talked through.

The AIA deal is worth the same as Manchester City’s £45 million-a-year shirt deal with Etihad. Manchester United’s deal with Chevrolet earns them £47 million a year.

Levy would not disclose whether the China-based company had spoken to him about the possibility of a naming-rights sponsorship for Tottenham’s new stadium, which opened last season.

“AIA and I have discussed all sorts of possibilities and at the present time we’ve decided to focus only on the shirt,” he said.

Bobby Buckles descendents and family have just been given a stadium tour with Ledley showing them around . His grandson had said how amazing it all is and how proud he is of his grandad who was the main person who founded our club . Bobby was only THIRTEEN at the time , in 1882 , and eighteen years later they won the FA Cup . Amazing.

I noticed over the weekend that the run off slope along the sidelines and corner taking areas has disappeared . We no longer see only Eriksens head as he runs up the ramp and passes the ball to the first defender

This whole thing is turning into one epic failure.

What was supposed to be the symbol of Spurs arrival...is now becoming a coliseum for the masses to watch our glorious death spiral into mediocracy.

This whole thing is turning into one epic failure.

What was supposed to be the symbol of Spurs arrival...is now becoming a coliseum for the masses to watch our glorious death spiral into mediocracy.

Measures have been taken to halt the spiral in 3 good signings of PL calibre. I think there may be more to come in Jan . We have been held back with no signings for 2 windows, that's what has caused the spiral , plus as Levy admitted the poor practice of letting contracts run down. It's very early and there will be pain, it's a long campaign.

Measures have been taken to halt the spiral in 3 good signings of PL calibre. I think there may be more to come in Jan . We have been held back with no signings for 2 windows, that's what has caused the spiral , plus as Levy admitted the poor practice of letting contracts run down. It's very early and there will be pain, it's a long campaign.

Hope so NRD...I really do!

OK Nick, I'll bite.

Which area is Sessegnon supposed to improve us in given that he was a total non entity for Fulham last season, and didn't even figure as a first choice by mid season ?

OK Nick, I'll bite.

Which area is Sessegnon supposed to improve us in given that he was a total non entity for Fulham last season, and didn't even figure as a first choice by mid season ?

Left wing I guess. Whether crossing or cutting in . Working in unison with Rose or Davies if one of them joins him on the overlap.

Left wing I guess. Whether crossing or cutting in . Working in unison with Rose or Davies if one of them joins him on the overlap.

He's a punt , a 30 mil punt which is laughable .

Toss a coin , where can he play, will he make it or won't he ?

No wonder this club is a shambles, after nearly 2 years of nothing in the transfer market this is supposed to be good business ?

He's a punt , a 30 mil punt which is laughable .

Toss a coin , where can he play, will he make it or won't he ?

No wonder this club is a shambles, after nearly 2 years of nothing in the transfer market this is supposed to be good business ?

I agree he is a punt but our coaches think it's worthwhile and they are qualified in such things.

I don't think some of these so called manager actually are. There decisions over a long period of time suggest otherwise.

If that's the case, we are in trouble. Ndombele looks a good signing, Lo Celso don't know yet, Sess is one for the future ....maybe. The way we source players I guess there will be mixed results.

If that's the case, we are in trouble. Ndombele looks a good signing, Lo Celso don't know yet, Sess is one for the future ....maybe. The way we source players I guess there will be mixed results.

It almost doesn't matter how we source them.It seems to all end up the same. We have potentially 3 excellent signings. Whilst other clubs, injuries permitting, will bring them in and use the skills that they were bought for, we need to hold them back so that they fit the 'philosophy' and then they end up like clones and not doing what they can do so well. On Sunday Lo Celso looked lost. He clearly didn't understand what he was allowed to do or not. In the Aston Villa game Ndombele was totally lost in the fiirst half. However given a role that he understood and some freedom in the second half he was transformed. So yes buy the players that we want but please please allow them to demonstrate the skills that they were bought for.

It’s my seventieth birthday onWednesday and my wife has got me a stadium tour ! I really can’t believe it ! I went to the old stadium just before they bulldozed it , which I really enjoyed . Glad I did that .
I watched every video I could, every week , of the demolition (which broke my heart ) and the building of this magnificent stadium.

I really can’t believe I’m actually going into the stadium . It’s not until October . It’s my mates seventieth in November as well, and we have both been going to Tottenham since our childhood days and she has got him a tour as well .,two old codgers are doing a tour . We both now live on the south coast and it makes it very expensive to go there for a match .
Needless to say I will be banging on about it endlessly .
Can’t wait . I know Welshtel went recently and recently enjoyed it . If anyone else has been and got any tips of what to look out for I would appreciate it .

It’s my seventieth birthday onWednesday and my wife has got me a stadium tour ! I really can’t believe it ! I went to the old stadium just before they bulldozed it , which I really enjoyed . Glad I did that .
I watched every video I could, every week , of the demolition (which broke my heart ) and the building of this magnificent stadium.

I really can’t believe I’m actually going into the stadium . It’s not until October . It’s my mates seventieth in November as well, and we have both been going to Tottenham since our childhood days and she has got him a tour as well .,two old codgers are doing a tour . We both now live on the south coast and it makes it very expensive to go there for a match .
Needless to say I will be banging on about it endlessly .
Can’t wait . I know Welshtel went recently and recently enjoyed it . If anyone else has been and got any tips of what to look out for I would appreciate it .

That's awesome Walt. Can't wait to hear about your adventure. :thumbup: