The Stadium! | Page 106 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

LOL Lads, those toilet jokes have been around for about 8 years, dating back to the old plans for this. They crop up every now and again and everyone has a good laugh. They won't be laughing for long once they watch us crap all over their team ... sorry, couldn't help it!

Here's the latest from the timelapse dude. 7 1/2 weeks before the Liverpool game and I'm thinking things are looking tight for that deadline. :unsure:

It's funny, I was talking to one of the project managers at the weekend and he said he thought we would be ready and that everyone was pretty cool and positive about it, but acknowledged that as in the end of any major construction project there maybe M&E issues being worked on/resolved for months if not the whole of the first year...but said nothing major was affecting the target dates at all - as always guess we will see soon enough.

It's funny, I was talking to one of the project managers at the weekend and he said he thought we would be ready and that everyone was pretty cool and positive about it, but acknowledged that as in the end of any major construction project there maybe M&E issues being worked on/resolved for months if not the whole of the first year...but said nothing major was affecting the target dates at all - as always guess we will see soon enough.

LOL Well that just goes to show how accurate my guesswork is! That's good to hear, Ex. Also, there's a difference between being ready and being finished so maybe I just worried about nothing.

I think we were always going to see stuff not being finished, I think that was a given among all the fans more or less. But the amount of work left undone will almost inevitably be stuff that is non construction and be mainly cosmetic and as ‘EX’ has said, ‘be M&E work’ that is not significant in terms of the running of a match day. What I DO think though, is that on the first match day everyone will be awestruck by the job that’s been done, and VERY proud. It will be a momentous day and a huge landmark in our history. So let the other clubs fans ‘BOG off’. Sorry, that expression was just a convenience, Gents.

Whilst " ready " is all that is needed , being finished is a million miles away .
Anybody been to the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona ?
It's been ready and 'open for business ' for a good many years , won't be finished till 2030 something .work started on that project over a hundred years ago . It's still a building site but boy is it a joy to behold walking around it and stepping inside . Takes your breath away.
We still have tower blocks , a hotel , concourses , train stations , public squares ,all the external decorations and lighting , landscaping , shops and houses in the surrounding area to be demolished .
We are still a million miles away from being finished, but our project will equally take your breath away as you walk around it and step inside , although I don't think it will as beautiful .peaceful ,euphoric as the one in Barcelona somehow.
Ours will rock your socks off :cool:

Last edited:
Geez, lads I go away for a week and no videos uploaded, even though I posted a tutorial for ye! I'm blaming you, WW! lol
Spurs Eagle ,..........sorry mate ,I am guilty as charged . I obviously didn't know you were going away and I also didn't want to steal your thunder , always look forward to your posts and whether you like it or not you have now got that job for life . !,,,,,,,,!!!

Apart from that , I'm saving the effort that I'm going to put on there for a special occaision ha ha . It's going to be a blockbuster . Remember where you heard it first !

Spurs Eagle ,..........sorry mate ,I am guilty as charged . I obviously didn't know you were going away and I also didn't want to steal your thunder , always look forward to your posts and whether you like it or not you have now got that job for life . !,,,,,,,,!!!

Apart from that , I'm saving the effort that I'm going to put on there for a special occaision ha ha . It's going to be a blockbuster . Remember where you heard it first !

I knew I couldn't count on you, WW! LOL And no way am I signed up for life ... as soon as September rolls around, I'm done my friend!

Gotta say I'm intrigued by this Blockbuster you have in the pipeline

I knew I couldn't count on you, WW! LOL And no way am I signed up for life ... as soon as September rolls around, I'm done my friend!

Gotta say I'm intrigued by this Blockbuster you have in the pipeline
SE you can't leave us hanging . This build is going on for another eighteen months at the very least . Probably two years . I would say we need your input at least another two hundred times . Don't go all lightweight on us now ........VS needs you !:bow: