The Stadium! | Page 107 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

Welshtel and WW. Seriously lads, my input consists of uploading other people's videos and guessing! I'm still scratching my head at how I got this "job" in the first place! lol

The drone guy is working overtime. Here's another upload from him. As it's just a day or so after the last one, I wouldn't bother posting it as not much has changed but in this one you can see the screens being tested again ... which is down to the fine job NRD did! ... You can also see the LED running the length of the east and west stand middle tiers being tested and the drone moves directly over the stadium to show the three pitch trays joined together and being finished ... which is what Welsh was saying yesterday. You may want to turn the sound down on this one though, as the music is pretty damn bad. lol

Welshtel and WW. Seriously lads, my input consists of uploading other people's videos and guessing! I'm still scratching my head at how I got this "job" in the first place! lol

The drone guy is working overtime. Here's another upload from him. As it's just a day or so after the last one, I wouldn't bother posting it as not much has changed but in this one you can see the screens being tested again ... which is down to the fine job NRD did! ... You can also see the LED running the length of the east and west stand middle tiers being tested and the drone moves directly over the stadium to show the three pitch trays joined together and being finished ... which is what Welsh was saying yesterday. You may want to turn the sound down on this one though, as the music is pretty damn bad. lol

You're so good at it!! And it needed your sort of dedication !! :tophat:

and of course we're all ever so grateful.... :cheers::sick:

Ah, man! Okay okay, I give in. I'm great, brilliant, a real legend! LOL
Don't go over the top mate . Ha ha
In all seriousness , I do look forward to " your " videos . .
And your input on the stadium.
And your insightful comments .
And your humility ......
In fact you are right , you are great , brilliant and a legend . :clap: LOL
:wahey:

New Tottenham stadium 'not possible' without 2011 London riots

Tottenham's new stadium would not have been possible without the 2011 London riots, according to the club's executive director Donna-Maria Cullen, who said the venue's September opening ceremony would celebrate the area's recovery from the unrest.

Cullen - a driving force behind the stadium project - said she and Daniel Levy, the Spurs chairman, were "on our knees" back in 2011, as they struggled to keep the club in Tottenham, after losing the bidding for the Olympic Stadium in Stratford to West Ham.

In January of that year, Levy claimed remaining in Tottenham was "not viable" given spiralling costs and the demands placed on the club by Haringey Council, Transport for London and English Heritage.

But six weeks after the riots, which began in Tottenham on August 6 and quickly spread to other parts of the capital, the club was granted planning permission.

Cullen said: "Maybe we were mad (to stay in Tottenham]. We are all on our knees - I was in San Diego on holiday and I think Daniel was in Florida.

"The riots happened in Tottenham. We had a telephone conversation and we said, 'That's it - we stay in Tottenham'. Something good always comes from something bad.

"All of a sudden there's focus from local regional and national government. We'd banged our heads against that brick wall for so long. Nobody would have spent money in an area that had no commitment from government to support infrastructure and transport.

"As soon as we had the riots everyone came back around the table and it was something we could do. We always wanted to stay in Tottenham."

The riots left parts of Tottenham around White Hart Lane devastated but, seven years later, Spurs are on the cusp of completing their 62,000-seater new stadium, which they hope will be another regenerative spark for one of the poorest areas of London - described by Cullen as "the ripple effect".

The ground will open with a ceremony ahead of the Premier League fixture against Liverpool on September 15 - provided they earn a safety certificate after two tests events.

"It (the opening ceremony) is also a nod to area, to the riots, to literally this is now a fresh start for everyone. Our roots are all over that stadium," Cullen said.
Asked if it would be comparable to the London 2012 Olympics opening ceremony, she added: "No, not quite on that scale.

"Like the (White Hart Lane) finale, I like to reduce the number of moving parts, because you never know what's gong to happen...like a pitch invasion! Then you can just work around it."

She also ruled out Levy parachuting into the ceremony - as Daniel Craig did in character as James Bond in London's Danny Boyle-directed curtain-raiser.

"We are so worn down by the sheer effort of delivering it," Cullen added of the stadium, which will cost "£350-400million" - with the overall Northumberland Park project, including a hotel and nearly 600 new homes at closer to £850m.

"But it is really quite something. When you do walk into that bowl, it's like a coliseum. You'll have seen Hugo (Lloris) and Harry Kane's faces - there's nothing manufactured about that. It's going to be hard not to feel the crowd there and for it not to be a great home territory and somewhere where hopefully away teams won't like to come.

"We're doing loads of touches that will bring us back from White Hart Lane. You've got to keep it real and authentic. You've got to pitch it so that a fan walks in and they know they're in a feisty football stadium, but it is about just having more comfort really when you watch football.

"It's the little touches. We had some design work that was going to cover the concourse floor and I said, 'No, don't do it'. The floor is unbelievable and it's made of crushed White Hart Lane (bricks]."

For now, the venue will be called The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium but Cullen said discussions with potential naming rights partners were "ongoing", while she did not rule out 'Tottenham' remaining in the name.

Cullen also said that snagging work on the stadium would continue even after it has opened, explaining: "Don't underestimate what a huge task we took on in order not to have a second season at Wembley.

"We are going to be saying to fans, 'We've got to where we've got to, come and enjoy and celebrate the opening but there will still be bits that we will want to do better, finish differently and complete'."

It must be getting near the £1Billion now with all the extra costs and the hotels, supermarkets and bars etc.
I prefer 'the Haemorrhoids' stadium, goes with Arse. In fact it goes with pain in the Arse.

Anyone that thinks that stadium only cost £400m is kidding themselves, just think about it.
4 sets off dressing rooms for football and NFL
Extra large dressing room for larger NFL teams
Retractable pitch
Unique roof design to allow unobstructed view
State of the art big screens
Best corporate facility in Europe.
No way is that £400m IMO

Top,

over the last two years I've said again and again that the 'real' cost of the build is around the 500-600 mill mark.

Remember we already owned the site - the Emirates was a new bought site(s).

The overall project costings I have seen and explained here that the 850-1 billon was the whole project cost.

You'd almost think I'd paid Donna to say what she's said in the last 24 hours -wouldn't you.

Everything that I've said has been proved to be deadly accurate, please don't fall into the trap of doing the low-grade scumbag thing of calling her a liar - she's a top class very smart lady and is worthy of our utmost respect. :tophat:

But of course, if you'd rather listen to scumbags, I'm sure there are plenty of places you can do that - but I will only deal in known facts that I'm pretty sure of. :cheers:

Last edited:
Top,

over the last two years I've said again and again that the 'real' cost of the build is around the 500-600 mill mark.

Remember we already owned the site - the Emirates was a new bought site(s).

The overall project costings I have seen and explained here that the 850-1 billon was the whole project cost.

You'd almost think I'd paid Donna to say what she's said in the last 24 hours -wouldn't you.

Everything that I've said has been proved to be deadly accurate, please don't fall into the trap of doing the low-grade scumbag thing of calling her a liar - she's a top class very smart lady and is worthy of our utmost respect. :tophat:

But of course, if you'd rather listen to scumbags, I'm sure there are plenty of places you can do that - but I will only deal in known facts that I'm pretty sure of. :cheers:

Yeah Top. Donna Cullen is a class act. That is a well known and undisputed fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big difference between £400m and £500m, I would also esquire as to what percentage of the property purchased around the sight has been included in the stadium cost. How much of the costs of the access roads has been attributed to the stadium, if any.
If the final cost ends being within 10% of the £400m quoted I take my hat off to them, that would be a remarkable achievement in my opinion.

I have been trying to accurate information on the true cost of the stadium, I have been really surprised by the amount of misleading articles out there.
Up until this point I have not found one news paper article which separated the cost of the stadium from the costs of the hotel, houses, supermarket and mega store.
If you read most you will see they use the term 'stadium development' this in my view is deliberately misleading.
Where I may differ from Ex is what other than the physical stadium build should be included in the stadium costs.
The hotel, supermarket, housing estate and mega store should rightly excluded, but is Lillywhite house included in the £400m. If not! Should it be?
We compare the gooners spend of £400m with ours, I look at what they got in 2004 to what we are getting in 2018. I have to be honest and say I find it hard to believe that we could build a far superior stadium for the same amount.
I am told the reason for this is we owned the sight and they didn't, this IMO is only partially true. The footprint of the stadium and infrastructure is far greater than the original site. Obviously many properties would have needed to be purchased to facilitate this.
Even allowing for the difference in property prices I still struggle to see how the two stadium could cost the same, especially if you look at the fall in sterling.
I just don't see how, unless infrastructure cost have been excluded.