The Stadium! | Page 104 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

Thank you ‘Eagle’. I rather guessed it would pan out that way. I’m still confused though. Yesterday the NFL pitch looked done and dusted but today? They’ve removed a big section and it looks like they’ve put an Earth or some material over a lot of it, which if like yesterday early on, they then cleaned off. Totally confused now. I was the premises manger of a large comprehensive school campus and oversaw the installation of new pitches and new wings etc. But I have to say this has lost me now. I wish I could have a couple of days just looking around the construction, I find it fascinating.

Hey Welsh, I can't even bullshit myself about what's going on with the pitch, man. lol God knows what technology they're using to maintain the dual pitch aspect, especially ours ... which seems to be the only retractable one, even though it is a natural pitch, but the artificial one is the permanent one ...?

I can't get my head around this one.

We’ve had a few days of odd activity, to me that is, from a remote view perspective. The pitch is alive with workers and machines on top of some grey looking covering, whatever that is. Unless of course it’s nothing to do with the pitch itself but they just need the space for other work activities. All will be revealed though in the weeks ahead. Time is ticking away. I’m really excited. What a transformation from the old stadium, to this incredible new one that we now see forming before our eyes and just a year ago it was a field of rubble. Amazing.

I haven't got a clue how to do this copy and paste thing , but on Youtube , on his"Tottenham fan Chris Cowling" you tube channel he has put a one minute video from inside the stadium showing the seats being installed. Only lasts one minute but very good . Dated 2 nd July . Have a look

Tonight you can see huge panels that have been delivered, now on the pitch, which I take it are the grass trays that will go under the big stand. Another piece in the jigsaw? Thanks by the way, Walthamstow. I’ll take a look at the video.

WW, I'll have to put together some screen shots showing you how to put these up yourself.
SE thanks for that . The screen shots would have to be compatible with an iPad that was built in the pre war era and only operated by stabbing one finger at the screen in a hesitant ,unsure type of movement . Ha ha . Cheers mate :wahey::hmmm:

Hey WW. Okay, here we go -- When you are on the video on YouTube you want to share, do just that by clicking on the share option as you can see below.

sc1.jpg

A pop up box will appear with some options. Ignore all of them and just click on the blue writing that says "Copy"

sc2.jpg

Next, flake over to VS. On your reply box you'll see some options. Choose the one with 3 dots and an arrow pointing downwards. A dropdown menu appears, so just choose media.

sc3.jpg

A pop up box will appear. Simply paste the URL you copied from YouTube into the field provided and press Continue.

sc4.jpg

This is what you should see after you've returned to the VS page. Press the Preview button to make sure everything is working

sc5.jpg

This is the preview you should see. You are now ready to rock and roll, so go ahead and press Post Reply!

sc6.jpg

If you have trouble seeing the details in the image, just click/tap it and a full size one should appear for you. I hope this helps you or anyone else who'd like to do this. I advise you to mess about with it a few times and you'll be flying. Maybe one of the lads could open up a thread specifically for people to practice this.

Last edited:
I noticed that on the close up of the ‘trays’ for the turf, there appeared to be pipes running up and down the pitch, supposedly for under pitch heating for the winter? Or irrigation? We are well catered for in this new build. I’m more and more impresssed by the quality of this stadium.

Also noticed they’ve taken away the tower cranes from the north end. So 8 -10 weeks to go before it has to work. Anyone doubt that we’ll get there?

Hey WW. Okay, here we go -- When you are on the video on YouTube you want to share, do just that by clicking on the share option as you can see below.

View attachment 27791

A pop up box will appear with some options. Ignore all of them and just click on the blue writing that says "Copy"

View attachment 27792

Spurs Eagle , that all looks amazingly simple . Thank you so much for that . I'm a bit busy at the moment , not getting on here a lot but I will be giving it a go . If I master this latest phase in my IT career I will be all over it like curry sauce down my T shirt on a Friday night after a session in the battle.
In all seriousness SE thanks for giving up your time to do this . It's most appreciated

Next, flake over to VS. On your reply box you'll see some options. Choose the one with 3 dots and an arrow pointing downwards. A dropdown menu appears, so just choose media.

View attachment 27793

A pop up box will appear. Simply paste the URL you copied from YouTube into the field provided and press Continue.

View attachment 27794

This is what you should see after you've returned to the VS page. Press the Preview button to make sure everything is working

View attachment 27795

This is the preview you should see. You are now ready to rock and roll, so go ahead and press Post Reply!

View attachment 27796

If you have trouble seeing the details in the image, just click/tap it and a full size one should appear for you. I hope this helps you or anyone else who'd like to do this. I advise you to mess about with it a few times and you'll be flying. Maybe one of the lads could open up a thread specifically for people to practice this.

Spurs Eagle . I think my reply to you got a bit lost inside your tutorial . I would just like to say thank you for giving up your time and going to the trouble to post all that . It is really really appreciated and looks pretty easy . Cheers mate , can't wait to give it a go , you never know what's going to pop up on here now !!! Ha ha

Spurs Eagle . I think my reply to you got a bit lost inside your tutorial . I would just like to say thank you for giving up your time and going to the trouble to post all that . It is really really appreciated and looks pretty easy . Cheers mate , can't wait to give it a go , you never know what's going to pop up on here now !!! Ha ha

You are welcome, WW! Hope it helps you, mate.

Wow ........that drone footage is unbelievable . Thanks SE.
Anybody know what that strange " horseshoe " shaped thingy is on the roof over the South Stand .
This seems to be a Stadium that will keep on 'just giving '.
I will second what Greavesie just said .......Awesome

Tell you what though....it's going to be a window cleaners paradise , even though I've read the outside glass is supposed to be self cleaning , the inside will be a job like painting the Forth bridge . Might be worth getting the window guys on board VS , they are definitely going to be ITK s ha ha

Also noticed they’ve taken away the tower cranes from the north end. So 8 -10 weeks to go before it has to work. Anyone doubt that we’ll get there?
Tel, I've read that there three thousand people working there everyday , that's nearly as many as wet sham get for a home game and apparently it's still much more exciting than what they serve up .
On the new drone footage SE has just posted , (he just beat me to it ha ha ) there are no cranes inside the bowl now .
I don't doubt for one minute it will fall behind the schedule for the bindippers game . I hope we sign that Barios bloke and reunite him with Henderson