The Six Nations 2021 | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Six Nations 2021

Yeah. Not for me rugger either. At uni the rugby teams were so up their own arses and thought us footballers were plebs.
Don’t even bother watching if it’s England playing either I am that non plussed with it. Not sure whether it’s the stop start nature, the fact that the ball disappears for ages under 10 hairy men or the hugely irritating Matt Dawson .

However , I fully accept that I am a complete hypocrite as I love the NFL and I am very much looking forward to the Super Bowl tonight :wahey:

I thought you were supposed to have intelligent conversations with people who went to Uni.

How wrong I was.

My school (comp) in Brum they made us play rugby and i never knew what I was doing really....But weirdly was always told I played well!I

I lived in Wales for 3yrs as a student and every time I went into a pub I had to lie and say I'd go back and play for their pub team (probably because i am 6ft5).

I understand most rules now but still am surprised when the ref blows the whistle. I like watching England but club rugby....no ta.

A good game of footy beats a good game of rugby.
But I do like the War like aspect of rugby.

However , I fully accept that I am a complete hypocrite as I love the NFL and I am very much looking forward to the Super Bowl tonight :wahey:

Oh.....I thought it was going to be a Superb Owl.
I did wonder why there was so much fuss being made over a bird of prey....however wonderful.

Glad to see their social distancing for the national anthems, very responsible.

That’ll reduce the chances of any transmission just as 20 of them join a scrum 10x times a game.

A bit ridiculous.

On the basis of the matches this weekend, Scotland will hammer Wales. Ireland's Peter O'Mahoney got himself sent off (stupid eejit) but Wales almost lost to the 14 men left.
So next weekend's forecast:
England to beat Italy
Scotland to best Wales
Ireland to lose out to France

Last edited:
Wales can count themselves lucky they only had to play against 14 for most of the game.

I thought Ireland put up a bloody good show. I actually wanted Ireland to win for the performance they put in. Sadly, they just came up short at the end, and it was, the very end.

Reactions: BBJ
So, after an early shock it was England getting somewhere near to 'back to normal'.

Final score, England 41 Italy 18.

Now over to the BBC for the Scotland v Wales game.

Wales yet again manage to squeeze another win against 14 men.

This time it's unlucky Scotland with the final score Scotland 24 Wales 25.

Lucky bastards!

Wales yet again manage to squeeze another win against 14 men.

This time it's unlucky Scotland with the final score Scotland 24 Wales 25.

Lucky bastards!

After the first half-hour I thought Scotland were going to run away with it.

Oh well, I think our next game (v Italy) might be the Wooden Spoon decider.

Not watched, close as the score suggests, unlucky, deserved loss?

It was 15-3 at one point early in the second half and France looked like they might let rip. Then Ireland got an opportunist try which was converted so 15-10. Then they got a penalty, 15-13. Ireland were attacking at the end but France turned it over - end of game. Ireland were also disallowed a try in the first half by about a centimetre of whitewash.
France just about deserved because they were more creative - but that's the opinion of an Irishman. See what "Le Figaro" says tomorrow!

I am up for this today.

The big question is - will England finish with 15 players on the pitch? With the luck Wales have had in scraping over the line this season, probably not!

Such a massive match, it is the ONE I really can't stand losing, ever... not that I like losing any!