A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Jeez. Will this game ever start!

Minutes applause.
Taking the knee.
Anthems.

Anything else or can we play?

Come on England. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

8-3 down.

Now i don't know much about Rugby , but England look bang average which seems at complete odds with the stuff they have come out with in the week.

Always seems to me that they talk a good game but............................

8-3 down.

Now i don't know much about Rugby , but England look bang average which seems at complete odds with the stuff they have come out with in the week.

Don't worry it's only 30 fat blokes chasing an egg. Nobody really knows the rules

8-3 down.

You need to look up our win record then!

For instance, Scotland haven't won at Twickenham since 1983

We are missing key players too, although that isn't to downplay a very good performance from Scotland at the moment.

Last edited:
England going nowhere here. Scotland have this well in hand.

No way are we scoring a try today, unless the Scots make a huge mistake somewhere along the line.

Very poor from England.

Or you could say brilliant from Scotland. to take on the reigning champions, and dominate so well, has to be applauded.

England can't win the triple crown nor essay a grand slam but they can still win the championship. But it's a huge win for Scotland and they'll fear no-one now.
France hammered Italy earlier. No surprise that so there's no way of knowing how good they're going to be.
Ireland are in Wales tomorrow and it's a big game for two coaches who've yet to set the world on fire.

England can't win the triple crown nor essay a grand slam but they can still win the championship. But it's a huge win for Scotland and they'll fear no-one now.
France hammered Italy earlier. No surprise that so there's no way of knowing how good they're going to be.
Ireland are in Wales tomorrow and it's a big game for two coaches who've yet to set the world on fire.

Just wish someone would put Italy out of their misery and remove them!

Just wish someone would put Italy out of their misery and remove them!

Yes, they've been going nowhere for a long time now. Would you just take them out and revert to a 5 Nations format or would you give, say, Georgia, a shot?

Yes, they've been going nowhere for a long time now. Would you just take them out and revert to a 5 Nations format or would you give, say, Georgia, a shot?

I preferred the 5 Nations, but if it has to remain the 6 nations, there could be a play off for the 6th spot. Just all about extra money I guess, one more game, but to be the whipping boys, game after game after game after.......... is boring really.

Italy really should be showing signs of improvement by not but they are regressing. I am convinced they are worse now than when they first joined the tournament.

Don't worry it's only 30 fat blokes chasing an egg. Nobody really knows the rules

I was forced to play rugby at school being from a part of the Midlands where people would try claim rugby is bigger than football (which is bullshit) and I've watched a fair bit of rugby over the years. But it's only recently whilst watching it I have managed to get what is going on and the tactics.

Although it's not a patch on football.

I was forced to play rugby at school being from a part of the Midlands where people would try claim rugby is bigger than football (which is bullshit) and I've watched a fair bit of rugby over the years. But it's only recently whilst watching it I have managed to get what is going on and the tactics.

Although it's not a patch on football.
I only ever played it once, our school pushed Rugby but by the time I was there I was into Villa and wanted to play football. Like you say Rugby, is like classical music, only for those who think they are a cut above.
I'll watch England at any sport don't get me wrong but I've never been to a rugby game in my life.
I wouldn't be able to hold a conversation with a real rugger fan as I've never played it. The only way I'd tell a hooker from a scrum-half is by the stilettos

Scotland had been talking up their chances of beating England earlier in the week, and so it proved.

These are not excuses, these are facts.

England looked slow and rusty. This because a number of Saracens players had NOT played for weeks due to no Championship fixtures due to Covid.

Players who usually walk into the England team were either 'not available' or injured. We had players yesterday, who usually sit on the bench and come on in the last 10-15 minutes as impact players....... they were actually starting yesterday.

But the thing what boiled my piss was, when we did have a bit of possession, we gained some meters thanks to the forwards, then you get the likes Owen Farrell kicking possession away. His kicking wasn't tactical, ie kicking for position into the corners. He wasn't on his own of course, but he was the main culprit!

You can't score points by kicking the bloody ball way!

After all said and done though, Scotland were brilliant. They had a game plan and stuck to it. I think they'll be a tad disappointed they didn't win by more. So well done Scotland, game on.

Let's see what Wales v Ireland serves up later today.

I only ever played it once, our school pushed Rugby but by the time I was there I was into Villa and wanted to play football. Like you say Rugby, is like classical music, only for those who think they are a cut above.
I'll watch England at any sport don't get me wrong but I've never been to a rugby game in my life.
I wouldn't be able to hold a conversation with a real rugger fan as I've never played it. The only way I'd tell a hooker from a scrum-half is by the stilettos

Yeah. Not for me rugger either. At uni the rugby teams were so up their own arses and thought us footballers were plebs.
Don’t even bother watching if it’s England playing either I am that non plussed with it. Not sure whether it’s the stop start nature, the fact that the ball disappears for ages under 10 hairy men or the hugely irritating Matt Dawson .

However , I fully accept that I am a complete hypocrite as I love the NFL and I am very much looking forward to the Super Bowl tonight :wahey:

Yeah. Not for me rugger either. At uni the rugby teams were so up their own arses and thought us footballers were plebs.
Don’t even bother watching if it’s England playing either I am that non plussed with it. Not sure whether it’s the stop start nature, the fact that the ball disappears for ages under 10 hairy men or the hugely irritating Matt Dawson .

However , I fully accept that I am a complete hypocrite as I love the NFL and I am very much looking forward to the Super Bowl tonight :wahey:

You just love looking at helmets