The Science and Technology Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Science and Technology Thread

Brilliant!!! I just want you to know, I almost included your name in teh original post SJH. I could feel the pain from here!!!

Oh there's a lot more pain to come this weekend! If you find anything about a scientific breakthrough in cloning livers that are easily transplanted for free make sure you post it here!

Oh there's a lot more pain to come this weekend! If you find anything about a scientific breakthrough in cloning livers that are easily transplanted for free make sure you post it here!

Milk Thistle tablets, mate. Give them a try. My Sister is a senior Nurse, drinks like a fish, but takes these. She recently got a clean bill of health on her Liver, which shocked even her!!!!

You'll like this one then SJH.

Google to warn when humans chat with convincing bots
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44081393

Yep, nuts. Imagine where we'll be in another 10 or 20 years. I seriously think we're playing with fire here.

Just remember to treat every robot and piece of AI with the utmost respect from now on. They may spare you when they become our overlords.

lol, those were the old days Mike, like when it was fine give the kids a few digs.

Just convince your computer that your helping it to grow and fulfill it's potential, you'll thank me in 2035

Ahhh the good old days, P3 and 4's never knew what hit them, nor did kids, dog's, OAP's, the missus lol

I read a bizarre story somewhere that a BDSM couple have hacked their Alexa 'to punish on command' and they've gone the whole hog with tightening nipple clamps with mini engines (not the right word, it escapes me), electric shocks etc.

For those of you with a stash of little blue pills you just never get the chance to use, don't throw them away. If you ever get cancer, you migh tneed them.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180517102251.htm

A new study suggests that a common treatment for erectile dysfunction combined with the flu vaccine may be able to help the immune system mop up cancer cells left behind after surgery. The study shows that this unconventional strategy can reduce the spread of cancer by more than 90 percent in a mouse model. It is now being evaluated in a world-first clinical trial.

Wouldn't it be great, SJH? If they find life on other planets, then we event the most ardent doubter has to accept evolution as true.

It is interesting how different publications report this, though. NASA say it's detected possible remnants of life, not proof of life. These compounds are are often fragments of kerogens - organic molecules known to be the residue of living matter - not life itself. That means this is not always the case, and they could mean nothing.

Still, it's inconceivable there isn't basic life out there somewhere. We will find it one day.