The Science and Technology Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Science and Technology Thread

Is there any reason this isn't the top story of the day? This is amazing, from both points of view - climate change and fuel supply.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com...g-liquid-fuel-carbon-capture-neutral-science/

Carbon Engineering, a Canadian company, is already making a liquid fuel by sucking carbon dioxide (CO2) out of the atmosphere and combining it with hydrogen from water. This is an engineering breakthrough on two fronts: A potentially cost-effective way to take CO2 out of the atmosphere to fight climate change and a potentially cost-competitive way to make gasoline, diesel, or jet fuel that doesn’t add any additional CO2 to the atmosphere.

Here's one for Mike,

https://www.spring.org.uk/2018/06/drink-highly-intelligence.php

People with high IQs drink more alcohol, although they are unlikely to be heavy drinkers, new research finds.

In other words, they drink more, on average, but spread it out, and are unlikely to be alcoholics.

I've heard those with high IQs are prone to depression more, and those with low IQs tend to be generally more happy which would explain this picture.

robbie-savage-812970698.jpg

Some things will always be unknown Heath! And he came though the United Academy with Ferguson's Golden Generation....Savage....Beckham....how?

Here's one for Mike,

https://www.spring.org.uk/2018/06/drink-highly-intelligence.php

People with high IQs drink more alcohol, although they are unlikely to be heavy drinkers, new research finds.

In other words, they drink more, on average, but spread it out, and are unlikely to be alcoholics.

I knew there was a reason why I drink so much, and not just because I'm Irish.

In fact I'm pretty sure the more I drink, the more intelligent I get. Brain juice is what I'll call drink from now on.

And they say it kills brain cells, pah!

At the right balance it makes me far more lucid, things click easier when trying to understand a problem and so on. It's at the wrong balance it becomes an issue and by then I'm normally on the forum lol

I knew there was a reason why I drink so much, and not just because I'm Irish.

In fact I'm pretty sure the more I drink, the more intelligent I get. Brain juice is what I'll call drink from now on.

And they say it kills brain cells, pah!

LOL. I reckon I did some of my best work half cut. I always thought it was down to the lack of fear or no thought to the consequences.

LOL. I reckon I did some of my best work half cut. I always thought it was down to the lack of fear or no thought to the consequences.

It's interesting isn't it? As Mike said, at the right balance it can be beneficial.

I find I can really lock into things and concentrate. Last gig I played I must have had 6 pints before going on stage (it had been a while and I was extra nervous) but the adrenaline counter acts the wooziness, and I barely played a bum note. I had sweated it all out by the end and was ready to get proper pissed! lol.

On the other hand, it's a fine line, if you over do it, you become a mess. I played one gig where my hand was barely connecting to the fret board. But in fairness the whole band was absolutely bladdered.

Yup it's very much about that fine line, I'm certainly not advocating it as a 'way of educating yourself' but I've experienced that 'sweet spot' on numerous occasions where something you've been struggling with for a hell of a while just suddenly clicks.

Maybe it's the repetition and not the booze, hardly conclusive but it doesn't happen on the same scale when sober. Out of the box links also come more easily that I know wouldn't normally be me, but when I get that clarity it's a conscious effort to not drink then so it lasts.

Lol, Tesla must be shitting themselves...

Kalashnikov has joined the rush of companies hoping to make it big with electric cars.
The producer of the AK-47 unveiled an electric concept vehicle on Thursday at a Russian arms show called Army 2018.

The company said in a statement that its CV-1 can travel as far as 350 kilometers (217 miles) on a single charge, and accelerate from 0 to 100 kilometers per hour in six seconds. The concept's retro design is based on a popular Soviet-era hatchback.

Looks exactly like a Yugo or a Lada - proper retro, unless they are using the same designers :lol:

180824114252-kalashnikov-car-780x439.jpeg

https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/24/news/companies/kalashnikov-cv-1-tesla-electric-car/index.html