The Run In | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Run In

I don't teach it - currently, it only appears on the A Level Further Maths syllabus. Never taught Further Maths due to every time the opportunity has arisen, it has coincided with me taking on something else new too - most recent one being the time table. And now, can't really see the advantage of taking on something new at this stage of my career...

I don't teach it - currently, it only appears on the A Level Further Maths syllabus. Never taught Further Maths due to every time the opportunity has arisen, it has coincided with me taking on something else new too - most recent one being the time table. And now, can't really see the advantage of taking on something new at this stage of my career...

Agree try teaching and explaining monte- carlo simulation, drives me nuts

A couple of games which I have not taken into account in my TSRICINRS is that Posh and Donny have to play each twice still, including one game being the last game of the season. So Posh or Donny could either get zero points from the 2 games or a max of 6 points from the games. So now I have included this element:
1616653775766.png

A couple of games which I have not taken into account in my TSRICINRS is that Posh and Donny have to play each twice still, including one game being the last game of the season. So Posh or Donny could either get zero points from the 2 games or a max of 6 points from the games. So now I have included this element:
View attachment 47007

I think Pompey are 7th on PPG but those played and points stats relate to Charlton who are actually 7th?

The last 3 full seasons in division 1, the minimum number of points needed to reach the play offs- 6th place, was 73, 71 and 73. We currently are on 62. If we say 73 is the target to be sure, then we need another 11 points from the last 9 games. 4 wins, or 3 wins and 2 draws would do it. Looking at the run in below, do you think we can do it?
v MK Dons (H)
v Charlton (A)
v Blackpool (H)
v Bristol Rovers (A)
v Burton (A)
v Hull (H)
v Shrewsbury (A)
v Peterbro (A)
v Wimbledon (H)

Only 6 points from the last 9 matches so something will have to change and it looks like we might have lost Bridcutt yet again which is frustrating.

On the flip side I don’t think we’ve lost any away matches by more than a single goal so we’re not out of matches we’re losing.

Probably.

v MK Dons (H) win
v Charlton (A) lose
v Blackpool (H) draw
v Bristol Rovers (A) draw
v Burton (A) draw
v Hull (H) draw
v Shrewsbury (A) lose
v Peterbro (A) lose
v Wimbledon (H) win
i make it 2 wins, 4 draws 3 defeats. 10 points. so we need to better the above predictions, or we wont do it. starting with a MUST win against MK Dons.

Can't see where the next win is coming from to be honest.
Me neither. As it stands, I couldn't confidently say we will win another game.
The wheels have come off, and we can't even muster a 7 strong pit crew to put them back. Such a shame that we've been crippled by injuries. To be fair, the signs of a slight downturn were already beginning to show, the squad depletion has just killed us.

We are more than capable of getting in the playoffs still but we need to wake up. No, injuries aren't helping us, but all the players that are playing are Appleton's signings. Surely they are there because he thinks they are good enough? He's done a great job to get us in this position and he really needs to instill a fighting attitude into the squad now.

We are more than capable of getting in the playoffs still but we need to wake up. No, injuries aren't helping us, but all the players that are playing are Appleton's signings. Surely they are there because he thinks they are good enough? He's done a great job to get us in this position and he really needs to instill a fighting attitude into the squad now.
Yes, They are MApp's signings, but he's working to a programme and they probably weren't expected to be 'on programme' so soon. I can cut them some slack, given time they'll improve. Keep the faith.(y)

Edited to add :- This wasn't meant to sound belittling. You've been a supporter far longer than I.

v MK Dons (H) win
v Charlton (A) lose
v Blackpool (H) draw
v Bristol Rovers (A) draw
v Burton (A) draw
v Hull (H) draw
v Shrewsbury (A) lose
v Peterbro (A) lose
v Wimbledon (H) win
i make it 2 wins, 4 draws 3 defeats. 10 points. so we need to better the above predictions, or we wont do it. starting with a MUST win against MK Dons.

I think I'd be looking at the away matches. MKD have won their last 4 and we still might have COVID issues. I suppose our next win might come when we least expect it though.