The Run In | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Run In

Think that’s a good point, while we were slightly perplexed about signing two full backs on deadline day, what it actually did was give us more versatility by allowing Edun to play midfield and potentially Eyoma centre back (we were close to losing Jackson).
On other teams and injuries, can only imagine the effect on Sunderland’s chances if Wyke got injured for example.
Another right back was always likely sooner rather than later, simply because our only player for that position (outlined as wanted by MA) is a loan player.

There was more uncertainty over LB after MA threw down the gauntlet around Xmas time, to the three players vying for that position, who are permanent members of the squad.

Max Melbourne has been in the press recently, talking about his future (uncertainty) at Lincoln.

Personally I expect him to leave in the Summer but there is maybe an unlikely but outside chance, if he does well at Walsall and Edun continues to develop in the Bridcutt role, he may just be invited to challenge Bramall for LB next season.

I can't see him being more than a squad player even if MA wanted to keep him and in those circumstances he may want to move on regardless.

MA could lose Melbourne and still have Walsh/Roughan/Jackson/Montsma for CB
Bramall/Edun/Roughan for LB
Bridcutt/Edun/Sanders for pivot DCM

That's still a good mixture of youth and experience for every position even if nobody else is retained or signed.

Last edited:
On other teams and injuries, can only imagine the effect on Sunderland’s chances if Wyke got injured for example.
That's the advantage of having the goals spread throughout the team. Wyke has 26 for Sunderland, their next highest scorer is Chris Maguire with 7 including a couple of penalties.

I think tonight is a good time to update this:
  • The Imps have 10 to play
  • The current top 6 are also the PPG top 6
  • 1.6 PPG+ gets you in the top 6
  • 1.5 PPG+ gets you in the top 10

1616535570488.png

I think tonight is a good time to update this:
  • The Imps have 10 to play
  • The current top 6 are also the PPG top 6
  • 1.6 PPG+ gets you in the top 6
  • 1.5 PPG+ gets you in the top 10

View attachment 46989

In addition I have created what I call 'The SalfordImp run in criticality index rating scheme' or TSRICINRS for short.
Which based upon the current top 7 teams in L1 and who they have left to play. The lower the number the better:
1616595466877.png

There are still a lot of heads to head in the top 7 teams have to play, in fact there are a few double heads to head to played....

In addition I have created what I call 'The SalfordImp run in criticality index rating scheme' or TSRICINRS for short.
Which based upon the current top 7 teams in L1 and who they have left to play. The lower the number the better:
View attachment 46998

There are still a lot of heads to head in the top 7 teams have to play, in fact there are a few double heads to head to played....

Surely the "SalfordImp Head-to-Head Index of Teams"?

View attachment 46998

The TSRICINRS - very catchy Salford

I see what you did there, but you couldn't get rid of that tricky extra H. It's perfectly ok to ignore propositions for the purposes of the acronym though.

I don't believe there is any hard and fast grammatical rule for hyphenated words and acronyms?

View attachment 46998

It may have been mentioned elsewhere on here (and it was definitely mentioned on Quest) all of Portsmouth's remaining fixtures are against bottom half sides apart from two against Accrington who are 12th. Canny those Cowley brothers....

It may have been mentioned elsewhere on here (and it was definitely mentioned on Quest) all of Portsmouth's remaining fixtures are against bottom half sides apart from two against Accrington who are 12th. Canny those Cowley brothers....

Hence why they have the lowest score.