The Run In | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Run In

Every game is a big one now, but looking at that Charlton fixture and the league table; there's quite a bit riding on that one in particular.

Whether it proves as pivotal as MK away in our promotion season remains to be seen but it is shaping up that way.

Every game is a big one now, but looking at that Charlton fixture and the league table; there's quite a bit riding on that one in particular.

Whether it proves as pivotal as MK away in our promotion season remains to be seen but it is shaping up that way.
charlton have Ipswich this week, followed soon after by peterboro... depends whether they are still in with a shout when they play us at game 45. (then they have hull on game 46.)

Sunderland’s on loan central defender Sanderson (from Wolves I think?) is reportedly out for the rest of the season. He’s been a key player in their up turn in form since Johnson arrived at the helm .... this may scupper their Play-off chances?

I see Ipswich won’t be playing Alan Judge again this season as one more appearance triggers a new contract.
Seems a bit farcical to get into that position tbh. If I was the player I would be consulting my lawyers though, feels like borderline illegal.

I see Ipswich won’t be playing Alan Judge again this season as one more appearance triggers a new contract.
Seems a bit farcical to get into that position tbh. If I was the player I would be consulting my lawyers though, feels like borderline illegal.

You'd have thought he read it before signing so no legal case there m'lud

Not much beachwear in sight there. Burton are safe but I think could make it mathematically safe on Tues. Shrewsbury also look safe and might be on the beach by the time we play them. Wimbledon shouldn’t need anything out of our last match but basically everyone’s still playing for something at the moment and making a fine job of it.

Oxford are being pesky, epitomised by their 2 late goals v Gills but are running out of games fast. I would say we have a tough run in, but Charlton's is awful.

Posh and Hull are nailed on for top two now so it looks like 4 sides from 6 to me, realistically for the playoffs.

We're at the stage of the season where a bad week for those hanging on can mean that you are gone. Three wins for us takes Oxford out of the equation and likewise the same for Charlton as long as we avoid losing to them when we play them.

Three or more points from Burton and Hull would keep us nicely on track.

Oxford are being pesky, epitomised by their 2 late goals v Gills but are running out of games fast. I would say we have a tough run in, but Charlton's is awful.

Posh and Hull are nailed on for top two now so it looks like 4 sides from 6 to me, realistically for the playoffs.

We're at the stage of the season where a bad week for those hanging on can mean that you are gone. Three wins for us takes Oxford out of the equation and likewise the same for Charlton as long as we avoid losing to them when we play them.

Three or more points from Burton and Hull would keep us nicely on track.
Good summary, looks like Ipswich and below are now out of play-off contention.

Two very tough games ahead, Burton have put a in a great run to ease away from relegation, Hull similarly with promotion now pretty well assured. 2 or more points would be good!

Get the points in next couple of weeks and then play the reserves until playoffs. Grant and Birdcutt Walsh and Jackson back I would fancy our chances in the play offs. That said Lewis was good yesterday

There are no gimme games at this stage of the season

On Tuesday Oxford go to Wimbledon and Blackpool go to Rochdale......2 teams probably weaker than most in this league, but ones fighting for their survival who have won their last 3 and 2 games respectively.

Burton seem to have secured their place now being above 50 points, so despite their great recent form I'd prefer to be playing them than a team fighting to get out of the bottom four. I hope Wimbledon have secured their place (or be beyond help) by our last game of the season

If we can keep going to the play-offs, listening to the manager we could have a full squad to choose from (no doubt some new injuries between now and then) by then.
With my glass half full, I don’t think we’ve anyone to fear when full strength, and perhaps a couple of key players will be relatively fresh having had an enforced break providing have time to get to match fitness.

And as I said in another thread, fancy finishing the season at Wembley - imagine the joy of the parent clubs for the loanees if they finish their season loans in a PO Final at Wembley. Won’t do our reputation any harm for next season. 🤔

It's a tough run-in.

AFCW have decided to start winning, although should be safe by then. Can Hull be promoted on Saturday? Posh will be on the cusp when we play them as well. Burton are in decent form, Charlton will still be sniffing the PO's I imagine.

Shrewsbury as well but they're safe but inconsistent.