The Ross Barkley Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Ross Barkley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a strange one, he is undoubtedly a quality player, but things havent happened for him at Chelsea, maybe had his head turned.... im not going to comment on how good he's going to be for us until i see him play but i just hope he's better value than the last chelsea loanee we had
No need to hope, he will be much better. He actually hasn't done badly for Chelsea at all. He has played near 80 games for them in the past two seasons, that's fantastic high level experience.

I'm still a little shell shocked that we've signed him! Hasn't quite sunk in yet, Fantastic piece of business by Villa.

Think Ross did better at Chelsea than Everton, to be fair. Was more consistent.

Think this is a good signing. I think we have a decent first team, but injuries could have a big impact. This will add both quality and depth.

again we get in a quality player and before he has kicked a ball for us there are negative comments he is only 26 ffs how old was he when he left everton ??? if he was that bad would he be playing for england he got motm the last game he played for chelsea

People are allowed opinions Wal, you post yours forcefully enough.

Nothing at all wrong with people questioning and commenting on new signings.

Think Ross did better at Chelsea than Everton, to be fair. Was more consistent.

Think this is a good signing. I think we have a decent first team, but injuries could have a big impact. This will add both quality and depth.
He was Grealish standard for a couple of seasons at Everton. Outstanding.

Think he has levelled out into a reliable no thrills playmaker in a top team at Chelsea. I think he might evolve back into a headline catcher again now he's at Villa. But with the extremely valuable experience of his time at Chelsea behind him as well.

Loan signings don't get much better than this!

It's more than that - he looks like he doesn't easily fit in.
I mean his manner...he's what 26? Seems more like a awkward 16yr old.

I know exactly what you mean.

With his physique and talent you'd expect him to be full of himself and with more than a touch of swagger but listening to him talk, he's still very obviously a boy rather than a man and with not much self confidence.

I also concur with the never-a-chelsea-player shout - absolutely agree and hopefully he can find a new home and as much surprise success as my fellow scouser favourite player of 1980 onwards did at a club meant for relatively ordinary guys like him rather than the flash twats at the likes of Chelsea.

On his day Barkley is a match winner. So we have doubled our match winners in one transfer. We are going to seriously be a handful this season.

Hmmmm....not a reggae fan.
Spending my life in the 80's/90's with people saying to me - you're from Birmingham. That's where UB40 are from.
:arrghh:

There's worse things to be said about Brummies mate lol

UB40 are a, rare, badge of honour IMO.

We have strayed and it is my fault putting up Redemption song!

Brian Travers is a Villa fan, top guy, and a life warrior the way he's facing his health battles. Was lucky enough to take him (with a mutual mate) to a Villa match a few years back, and a nice curry after.

Brum has plenty to be proud of music wise.

Now back on topic! I wonder if Ross likes UB40!

:off:

I don't like loans. If there is no option then it doesn't benefit us.
If the loanee is shite we will not sign them. If they do well they will be taken back to the parent club like happened with Tammy .

However. There are loans and there are loans so to speak.

To have SJ and RB in the same attacking line up is pretty mouth watering . So ...
I'm in.

After making a name for himself at Everton, there’s no doubt that Barkley hasn’t really kicked on at Chelsea so he’s got a point to prove with the added incentive of making the Euros next summer.....Chelsea probably wasn’t a good fit for him but I just get the feeling that we could well be.

I don't like loans. If there is no option then it doesn't benefit us.
If the loanee is shite we will not sign them. If they do well they will be taken back to the parent club like happened with Tammy .

However. There are loans and there are loans so to speak.

To have SJ and RB in the same attacking line up is pretty mouth watering . So ...
I'm in.

Same, as you know.

Although some of the reactions I've seen around social media etc today, with people saying they didn't believe we could pull off such a signing, having to pinch themselves etc. NOT being a grump, but I'd reserve that for a signing, not a loan signing.

However, as said, very happy he's arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.