The Ross Barkley Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Ross Barkley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm....not a reggae fan.
Spending my life in the 80's/90's with people saying to me - you're from Birmingham. That's where UB40 are from.
:arrghh:

Looking on the BBC page their fans seem mixed. And alot of Everton fans bemoaning his laziness and his lack of awareness of what's around him.

But much like Drinkwater I don't think it will hurt us too much if he doesn't work out. Less risk than him I'd say. And if it does work......jam on top!
again we get in a quality player and before he has kicked a ball for us there are negative comments he is only 26 ffs how old was he when he left everton ??? if he was that bad would he be playing for england he got motm the last game he played for chelsea

He's decent at set pieces too, Got to feel a bit for Conor (Even if I do give him a bit of stick) But it's about improving us, Barkley's quality just in training day in day out should improve the lads.

Surely Mr Southgate will be spending more time at Villa with SEVEN English starters.
Please dont feel sorry for Conor. If he wants to play in the first team he simply has to get better than the weakest midfielder in the side.

again we get in a quality player and before he has kicked a ball for us there are negative comments he is only 26 ffs how old was he when he left everton ??? if he was that bad would he be playing for england he got motm the last game he played for chelsea

I was just giving a balanced view on the chelsea reaction - as I had read some 400 posts on the BBC website from people. I am behind him loads if you see my posts previous.

UTV

He has never quite reached the heights expected. A bit strange considering he is an England international but its true. This is his chance to play on a regular basis and show what he is about. He is also or should be coming up to his best years age wise. Hopefully the Villa will suit him a treat.

Please dont feel sorry for Conor. If he wants to play in the first team he simply has to get better than the weakest midfielder in the side.

3 things I won't take from Conor, incredible striker, follows the ball into dangerous positions and is a top professional.

I think he'll be sold to a promoted side next season while we can still get a few quid for him.

its a strange one, he is undoubtedly a quality player, but things havent happened for him at Chelsea, maybe had his head turned.... im not going to comment on how good he's going to be for us until i see him play but i just hope he's better value than the last chelsea loanee we had

Status
Not open for further replies.