The Ross Barkley Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Ross Barkley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've got JT to thank for this transfer, Wages must be high but I seriously reckon Barkley is capable of scoring 10 this season, He is versatile but would love to see him in a central role.

Talking to friends back when it looked like Grealish might leave, I always brought up Barkley as an ideal replacement if the worst did happen and he left.

Now we have both.

Very excited about the potential of our attack now. So much talent and creativity on paper. Bring on the Liverpool game.

Decent loan signing. Let's hope he can have a big impact over the season. I don't see him as a straight replacement for any one midfielder. Any of them out of form could potentially lose their place to Barkley providing he hits the ground running. Smith likes his teams to be balanced (right and left footers), so with Barkley being predominantly right footed there maybe a few surprises as to who he could replace.

Could be a great signing for us and gives us a lot more solid look in midfield. Good luck Ross. Its your chance to make it at a big club for a change. Get McGinn in front of Targett and play Ross central and Luiz right. Job done.

Never in a million years as we trudged off the pitch at Leicester did anyone of us envisage signing this type of quality six months later......at that point I’d have said it was more likely to be a return of bloody Ross McCormack this season rather than Ross Barkley! Another sign of intent and a clear sign that we have owners who really do mean business....what an exciting window this is turning into! No wonder Jack decided to stay!

Decent loan signing. Let's hope he can have a big impact over the season. I don't see him as a straight replacement for any one midfielder. Any of them out of form could potentially lose their place to Barkley providing he hits the ground running. Smith likes his teams to be balanced (right and left footers), so with Barkley being predominantly right footed there maybe a few surprises as to who he could replace.

Yep far too many left footers in the squad with McGinn Hourihane Traore Target Mings Hause Mavelous Davis etc.
A midfield of Mcginn Barkley and Dougie looks pretty balanced

Just listening to him speak in that interview (Watched a minute so far) It looks like it's a direct replacement for Hourihane on the left, he mentioned he sees himself as a box to box player and hinted in a middle 3.

I can see him doing a job in any midfield role if I'm honest, but I was looking forward to him being more ahead of McGinn and closer to the forward line and be that number 10.

Although with him being on the left of midfield he'll be linking up with Jack, and be able to give that extra steel for Targett.

Yep far too many left footers in the squad with McGinn Hourihane Traore Target Mings Hause Mavelous Davis etc.
A midfield of Mcginn Barkley and Dougie looks pretty balanced

Lampard said Barkley is technically good as anyone in Chelsea to shoot with both feet, so you're right could cover/replace a number of positions.

Also it's interesting to note, I mentioned Barkley back on the 16th September I think, and you saw the odds drop, some mentioned it's ITK BS, but in the interview he said he has been speaking to Grealish for the past couple of weeks.

Definitely someones been letting slip and putting a few bets on.

Status
Not open for further replies.