The Ross Barkley Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

The Ross Barkley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously think he’d struggle to perform in the championship let alone the Prem.
He wouldnt last two minutes in the Championship.
Within five minutes of kick off and two or three greetings cards from midfield enforcers he would be looking for any excuse to get off the pitch.
Idle bottler.

Your never going to get the consistency with Barkley that with have with players like Konsa, Targett, etc.. He should be grateful Smith has given him a chance to prove he's a good player, but for whatever reason he just looks a though he can't be bothered. Plenty of players out there a lot better than him for less money. so send him back.

He wouldnt last two minutes in the Championship.
Within five minutes of kick off and two or three greetings cards from midfield enforcers he would be looking for any excuse to get off the pitch.
Idle bottler.
He seems more cut out for Serie A at this stage, more time on the ball and given the shockingly old players still playing week in and week out, probably allows him to play at a more leisurely pace.

For me he is another Drinkwater, at Everton he was great, used to remember him coming on for England & me thinking he is some prospect. From then on he has been rubbish, just ask Chelsea fans!
The guy is not Fit, I don't mean he is Injured & Playing, I mean the guy looked Knackered 5 mins after he came on, Im wondering if Stevie wonder did his bleep test. At the start of the season, the way we were playing hid his lack of Fitness. If you can stomach it have a look at the Leeds home game, I know other were bad & Leeds are High Energy, but the way Bang average players left him for dust was embarrassing

Kevin Phillips has hailed the signing of Ross Barkley and claims the astronomical £11million Aston Villa loan fee is money well spent.
The former Sunderland striker, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, insists Barkley has been worth every penny since he joined the club last summer.
Am I missing something here, apart from a great start to his time at Villa Park, can anyone agree with this?

Kevin Phillips has hailed the signing of Ross Barkley and claims the astronomical £11million Aston Villa loan fee is money well spent.
The former Sunderland striker, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, insists Barkley has been worth every penny since he joined the club last summer.
Am I missing something here, apart from a great start to his time at Villa Park, can anyone agree with this?

No.

Other than Kevin Phillips clearly hasn't watched us in 2021.

He's been paid for his opinion, not watched us, and got it wrong!

Would love to have a sit down meeting with Ross, see if this is a confidence thing, and talk it through. I have more than enough experience of life and motivation, to be able to offer help if it is something like that.

If it is a can't be arsed, then probably not so much.

My book has landed well with a good few people (as can be attested by personal communications but also the reviews on Amazon).

hope the fee is as wrong as the claim it's money well spent -

£11 mill loan fee - must be bollox surely ?

Think I came across something like that when he was signed. Can see the logic; give the team that extra bit of class to give it a boost and see where it gets us.

And to be fair, at first it did have that positive effect. It's partly why we're where we are.

Then again, we did OK in the first few matches before he arrived.

If you think Barkley would be around £30-40m to sign permanently (!!), £11m for one season is probably the going rate.

Glad we have ‘only’ spent £11m on him, and not £30-40m, to only be left with a high earning, underperforming player in the books. That would’ve been our biggest disaster ever, far eclipsing Bosko Balaban.

Would love to have a sit down meeting with Ross, see if this is a confidence thing, and talk it through. I have more than enough experience of life and motivation, to be able to offer help if it is something like that.

If it is a can't be arsed, then probably not so much.

My book has landed well with a good few people (as can be attested by personal communications but also the reviews on Amazon).
You're right, he's not there mentally and it seems like the staff at the club haven't been able to help him. It's possible he has just checked out as well. Can't be easy to motivate yourself when you're mega rich and on loan at a club you most likely won't be joining.

We really thought we had someone who could take the pressure off Jack. But I suppose if he was that good he would have been playing regularly for Chelsea. a gamble that didn't work out.

I actually thought he looked a little better when he came on against Spuds, although still not near the required standard. He was at least trying to move the ball a bit quicker than his previous few games.
Think its a confidence issue now myself, he had a good chance to score and tried a timid placed effort. The early season Ross would have smashed it goalwards. When he gives the ball away he looks to the heavens and appears to want to slap himself. Signs of a player who knows he should and can be doing better than he is.
He'll probably be out on loan again somewhere else next season

Status
Not open for further replies.