The Ross Barkley Thread | Page 35 | Vital Football

The Ross Barkley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean is pretty much done with him, we only see his recent performances, which have been awful, but he must be looking like shit in training as well.

There’s no point in persisting with him now given we’re safe and we won’t be signing him, we’re giving game time to our youngsters which is absolutely the right think to do given our luxury position in the league with the pressure off.

I'm wondering if DS may use him v Liverpool. It could give him a bit of a boost going back to scouseland.... he is a 'blue' anyway, so perhaps it maybe the boot up the backside he needs?.................

I'm wondering if DS may use him v Liverpool. It could give him a bit of a boost going back to scouseland.... he is a 'blue' anyway, so perhaps it maybe the boot up the backside he needs?.................

Had that exact thought yesterday actually Pride . But probably wishful thinking that he would bring himself from his malaise to perform for us.

There’s no point in persisting with him now given we’re safe and we won’t be signing him, we’re giving game time to our youngsters which is absolutely the right think to do given our luxury position in the league with the pressure off.
And Ramsey looked tidy yesterday and was able to recycle the ball well and spot a pass. If he is preferred to Barkley, then I feel that his time with us is up. There is no way that we will pay Chelsea what they want for him and there is no way that he will get back into the Chelsea team. He might end up at newly promoted team or off to Turkey or MLS but either way, it is a sad end to what should have been a promising career. I do feel for him, but there is no sentiment in PL football and it is about being successful and he is not the man for us.

No excuses, that video highlights he isn't a team player and never will be and his only thoughts are about himself.

Can't wait for his temporary (hopefully)!? contract to expire and send him back to Chelsea.

What a waste of good Villa money and talent.

No excuses, that video highlights he isn't a team player and never will be and his only thoughts are about himself.

Can't wait for his temporary (hopefully)!? contract to expire and send him back to Chelsea.

What a waste of good Villa money and talent.
So wish he had done it infront of a full house.

His time with us started off so promisingly. After his first couple of performances I thought we finally had another player at Jacks level, who could help us kick on. I'd have happily given Chelsea £40m at that point. But that video footage is bloody awful. If fitness was the issue, there would be more effort in closing down. He looks like someone now who is just going through the motions as he knows he's gone come the end of the season.
Shouldn't even make the bench for me now for the remainder of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.