The Ross Barkley Thread | Page 36 | Vital Football

The Ross Barkley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really thought we'd made a top signing when he joined. First few games only seemed to confirm that and I've no idea what's happened to him since. Lack of form is one thing but he seems completely not arsed by anything. At least Drinkwater actually tried even if he was physically incapable of playing to the standard required. This idiot is perfectly capable of being a top 6 premier league player but seemingly can't be bothered. Disgraceful.

Why is he still playing though? He shouldn't even be on the bench at this point.

Well he has barely played in the last 3 or 4 games. From memory Ramsey was preferred to him in a couple of games.

The fact that he is still on the bench is an indication of where we are squad strength wise at this point.

I would think privately the management and coaches feel massively let down by him.
I think he's another example of a player who doesn't have the requisite brains to understand that work-rate is the number one requirement of any successful footballer (person). A player who is seen as working hard will always get support from teammates and coaches. Conversely they will quickly lose that trust and support if they're not putting in the effort, regardless of the reasons for it.
I feel his career will nosedive from here and his trajectory will be in a similar direction to players like Wilshere. He'll probably get a loan move somewhere else in the summer and it will be his last at this level.
I can't help but think with him and Traore that the Villa staff figured they could coax them back to their best and it just hasn't worked out. Every coach always thinks they can get more out of a player than maybe others can't. 90% of the time they are wrong and these players eventually revert to type.....

iv just seen on birmingham live the chelsea want £40 million for barkley :eek::eek:
if its true how can they value a player at £40 million when they only paid £15 million and he has failed to hole down a regular place in any side he has been at and has played under some of the best managers in europe if we was paying £8 million i would thing we had been robbed

iv just seen on birmingham live the chelsea want £40 million for barkley :eek::eek:
if its true how can they value a player at £40 million when they only paid £15 million and he has failed to hole down a regular place in any side he has been at and has played under some of the best managers in europe if we was paying £8 million i would thing we had been robbed

I wouldn't believe anything on Birmingham Live . Pure clickbait.

I wouldn't buy him for any money .
Reported on BBC text this morning VIlla have contacted Chelsea to say we dont want him, and WHU are in for him.
Him going to another London club sounds about right, slightly surprised if it is Hammers though.
Nothing story I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.