The Recipe Thread | Vital Football

The Recipe Thread

DeanoVilla

One Bloody Number
Think we used to have one of these but couldnt find it so starting a new one -

Chico asked for this the other day. Did you do it mate? What did you think?

Here you go mate -

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/sizzling-chicken...

The rice & beans were nice (I added some to the fajita too to make it a bit more like a burrito), but the best bit was the salsa. Loads better than normal tomato salsa.

The chicken was lovely too and so simple. Just salt, pepper and paprika.

I didn't bother with the Feta Cheese, Yogurt or dried chilli, but was still lovely. A million time better than those fajita kits you get in the supermarket.

I'm making these tonight. Will let you all know if they are any good.

http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/epic-crispy-quinoa-burgers-topped-sweet-potato-fries-beer-caramelized-onions-gruyere/

Feckin hell my mouth was watering literally squirting water out looking at them burger pic's,,,,,WOW

DeanoVilla - 18/1/2016 15:26

Think we used to have one of these but couldnt find it so starting a new one -

Chico asked for this the other day. Did you do it mate? What did you think?

Here you go mate -

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/sizzling-chicken...

The rice & beans were nice (I added some to the fajita too to make it a bit more like a burrito), but the best bit was the salsa. Loads better than normal tomato salsa.

The chicken was lovely too and so simple. Just salt, pepper and paprika.

I didn't bother with the Feta Cheese, Yogurt or dried chilli, but was still lovely. A million time better than those fajita kits you get in the supermarket.
Cheers Deano.

Yeah I did the rice and bean mix and thought it was ok, anything to improve the taste of brown rice, which I find really plain and uninteresting. I added a few extra herbs and spices in like paprika, red onion and peppers.
I had some left over and have used that with a homemade chilli.....

(if you ever can't find a thread, I recommend google... just put in what you thought the title was and then vital villa and it comes up pretty well... or in your case Deano, use the merge function and that often finds the thread)

Cooked this recipe tonight, took 2 hours prep as i had to roast the spices and grind them to make the spice mux to add to it. It was from The Times Saturday magazine which had a few Indian recipes all under 500 calories.

Http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/magazine/article4662284.ece

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/magazine/article4662294.ece

Cooked it with this one too. Never heard of Mooli but managed to track it diwn in an Asisn supermarket. Like a white Radish, in the shape or a long parsnip!

Tasty and worth the effort, will go through the other recipes in the week

Made this at the weekend - http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/ultimate-winter-couscous-shop Was absolutely delicious and a nice veggie change.

I can confirm the Quinoa Burgers were awesome. The only thing that let them down was the beer caramelised onions, just didn't taste nice at all. Will do different onions next time.

But the burgers themselves tasted so nice. Quite a meaty texture too so a good substitute. Forgot to do the fried egg for the top though.. maybe next time. The sweet potato fries were very tasty too, nice kick to them with the cayenne pepper and parprika.

Definitely be doing that again.

You able to copy those full recipes into here Chico? I cant see them as dont have a Times subscription.

South Indian Rainbow Vegetables - 185 Calories!

3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Fenugreek seeds
5cm Fresh Ginger - Peeled and finely chopped
2 Tbsp South Indian Spice Rub (see seperate recipe)
1/2 tsp salt
3 Large Vine ripened Tomatoes - Diced
1 Tbsp Tom Puree
1/2 small Cauliflower - cut into small Florets
2 carrots - peeled and cut into small discs
100g runner Beans - cut int0 2.5cm pieces
85g Frozen Peas
5 Tbsp Natural Yoghurt (I used low fat Yoghurt)
Juice of half a lemon
fresh Corriander to serve

This recipe serves 4 - I doubled up on all the ingredients to make extra and freeze.

Heat a latge pan and add the oil. Add Fenugreek seeds and frt for a minute, stirring. Add the spice rub mix, fresh ginger, salt and 4 Tbsp of hot water. Cook the spices for 1-2 mins. add the tomatoes and puree. fry until soft and mix goes smooth for about 5 mins. add the rest of the veg and cook for another 4 mins. add 8 Tbsp of Hot water and bring to boil. turn low and simmer until Veg is Tender. Add the Yoghurt and lemon juice and add a few sprigs of fresh Corriander.

The south Indian Spice rub -

I made 50g worth because it was quite a lot of hassle, and I now have enough mix to make more dishes - store in an airtight container.

15 Pieces of cinammon Bark - 2.5 cm each
4 Tbsp of whole cumin seeds
4 tbsp Whole ciorriander seeds
2 Tbsp of mustard seeds
2 Tsp of fenugreek seeds
10 Kashmiri Chillis - i used dried
6 whole black Cardomom Pods
4 Tbsp tumeric powder
2 Tsp chilli Powder

Roast the whole spices in a pan for 5 mins until the aromas are released, then grind into a powder and add the tumeric and chilli powder. Smash the cardomom pods with a rolling pin and add to the mix

:14:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/magazine/article4662294.ece

Serves 4
208 calories
4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2.5cm cubes
For the marinade
2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
2 large shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
2 lemon-grass stalks, outer layers peeled and roughly chopped
Half a red chilli, roughly chopped
2 tbsp groundnut or sunflower oil
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground turmeric
½ tsp salt
1 tsp soy sauce

Mix all the ingredients together and marinade the chicken for at least an hour. Grill or BBQ the chicken on skewers.

For the mooli slaw
1 mooli, peeled and grated
¼ tsp salt
¼ red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 Tsp Grated Fesh Ginger
100g Radishes
1 carrot gut into thin strips
half a red chilli
Juice of a lime
1/2 Tsp Palm Sugar
Fresh Corriander to serve

Place Mooli and salt in a bowl and leave for 10 mins to remove bitter taste. drain excess water. Mix remaining ingreients and add to Mooli. Leave for 30 mins - serve with corriander.

Home made spag bol tonight to line the stomach before the pancake assault.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/spaghettibolognese_67868

Will let you know what it's like.... just cooking for an hour now, so should be ready at 19:00

I think Deano`s had the trots and gone to the loo.

Doesn`t he fall asleep in loos ?

Not Rebecca Loos,but loos in general.

Spag bol was pretty awesome to be fair. A million times better than the crap you get in jars. Will definitely be doing it again.

I never touch the jar stuff I must admit. I've not put red wine in before, that seems a waste of a nice drink! Might try that. Mine is more chilli con carne really as I also put in red kidney beans (so good for you) and fresh chilli's. I use pork or turkey mince, I love beef but for some reason find minced beef in bolog/chilli con carne a bit rich.

Natalie would probably prefer yours. She lovs everything spicy. Took 2 hours to cook that last night. Beautiful flavour... great smokeyness from the bacon and awesome flavour from the wine and fresh basil....

... then she goes and covers it in chilli flakes! ARRGHH!