The Recipe Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Recipe Thread

Egg night? So omlettes etc or you got other things you do? Got a picture of you all sitting down to a line of boiled eggs!

I love fish. So many easy ways to make it a quick meal. Salmon wrapped in foil, which has been sprinkled with olive oil, seasoning, lemon juice and basil or/and coriander is my favourite.

Maybe serve with a hollandaise sauce, garlic bread, salad, new potatoes or whatever floats your boat re calories etc.

The same for any fish, sprinkling of olive oil, lemon juice inc. zest of the lemon, coriander or/and basil and seasoning.

Fish is such a simplistic dish to cook easily and with no fuss

I should explain that the fish issue isn't mine its the rest of the families... I love fish and shell fish in all guises but the others are fussy so it's about trying to make something nice thats not too fishy if that makes sense.

Your foil salmon sounds simlar to mine. I use garlic, salt, pepper, dill, and lime slices. Awesome.

Egg night? So omlettes etc or you got other things you do? Got a picture of you all sitting down to a line of boiled eggs!

yeah, various different omelettes I guess. Tonight's is Haloumi, Butternut Squash and Chilli omelette, but I'll probably do goats cheese and spinach next week.... Not sure what else you can do egg wise for an evening meal other than an omelette or a fritatta, so just about trying a variety.

yeah, various different omelettes I guess. Tonight's is Haloumi, Butternut Squash and Chilli omelette, but I'll probably do goats cheese and spinach next week.... Not sure what else you can do egg wise for an evening meal other than an omelette or a fritatta, so just about trying a variety.

I love a good Spanish omelette with home made salsa and warm tortilla's

I should explain that the fish issue isn't mine its the rest of the families... I love fish and shell fish in all guises but the others are fussy so it's about trying to make something nice thats not too fishy if that makes sense.

Your foil salmon sounds simlar to mine. I use garlic, salt, pepper, dill, and lime slices. Awesome.

Fishless fish! Yes it does sound like hard work. I have just remembered a recipe your family won't like I haven't made for ages as it is very fishy. LOL.

Its salmon, smoked haddock and cod. Cut them into strips and plait the three fish into a square shape. Sprinkle with the usual olive oil, basil etc and cook for 20 minutes in a foil parcel. Gorgeous but not if you aren't fishy

Well this is turning out into a roaring success so far.

The fish recipe I posted on the previous page went down well on Wednesday.

Last night's Halloumi, Butternut Squash and Chilli Omelette was also a hit.

Can the Brocolli and Quinoa bake make it a hat-trick? I'll let you know Sunday.

To revist the Golf club v Working Mens Club theme. Tonight, I am making dumplings to go with my pork in cider casserole. Surprised to learn that there are recipes for them that do not include suet! How very un British.:whist:

Unbelievable Jeff, I blame the EU myself.:shake::rofl:

It is NOT a dumpling without suet! I would Suet (pronounce the word) if anyone says it is :grinning:

Is a most defo a fake dumpling! This cannot be allowed! Walls anyone

Quinoa stew with squash, prunes & pomegranate is tonight's offering.

Will see if it's any good before posting the recipe.

Good job we all love Butternut Squash as it seems to be in every healthy recipe I'm finding.

Running tonight so it will be beans on toast for my tea.

Beans lightly cooked in the microwave for 2 minutes , toast medium to well done in the toaster , no butter. Pour beans carefully onto toast and hey presto.

Not sure I've ever tried butternut squash, I am thinking not.

It's a staple in our house. So versatile.

Butternut Squash rissoto
Butternut Squash and sausage casserole
Butternut Squash soup
and now Butternut Squash Omelette and this new Quinoa Stew to add to the mix.

Full of vitamin C apparently.

It's a staple in our house. So versatile.

Butternut Squash rissoto
Butternut Squash and sausage casserole
Butternut Squash soup
and now Butternut Squash Omelette and this new Quinoa Stew to add to the mix.

Full of vitamin C apparently.
Quinoa is the devils spawn

Sounds so bad that, it's the reason I don't think I could ever be a vegetarian, would be fascinating to try it though to see if I could be proved wrong. Not something I'll be trying to cook though.

I will be having bacon tonight!

Why does it sound bad? Squash? Nice. Pomegranate. Lovely. Quinoa only had it a few times but it's not offensive, just a bit like Cous Cous. The morroccon spicing and lemon... lovely. Mint? Yum.

It's basically a nice Lamb Tagine with Squash instead of Lamb.