The REALLY Interesting Thread - all new for 2018 | Page 97 | Vital Football

The REALLY Interesting Thread - all new for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got any experience of Air Source Heat Pumps?

Went to look at a showhome yesterday. It's an all electric estate. Very 1980's.

Heating and hot water is provider by something called an airsource heat pump which takes air from outside, heats it using electric and magic, and then heats the radiators and a hot water tank.

Supposedly cheaper than gas, but then i'm very sceptical about these things. new things like this tend to come and go and if they were any good they'd come and stay.

No experience, but I've heard good things about them. Wasn't there some move to have them installed on all new builds at some point? Anything that reduces your utility bills has to be good.

Very wise MD. I also authorised the heating to be turned on last night, mainly because I was perished.

Ha, I guessed there was a bit of brinkmanship going on with us gents on vital villa as to who was going to confess first about putting the heating back on!.

therapeutic cleaning is definitely a thing

It is! Though I didn't know at the time I was going to have to do it again tonight. Young KK is catching up with jobs in the house. Nothing been done for 2 years with Mr KK health

He is finishing off stripping the tiles and doing new sockets in the kitchen. The dust is thick in the kitchen so if we want tea tonight it is clean down time again

Not a grumble-never really had to pay for anyone to do work in the house. Ex was/is a joiner. Mr KK was and is a joiner. Young KK is also a qualified joiner wuth basic training in electrical plumbing etc when he did his apprenticeship as they do now here so lucky in that sense

New tiles arriving tomorrow

Didn't see that JPA. Difficult one to answer really, you looking at fiction or non fiction?

I've struggled for time on mine recently, still need to send to some agents.

Fiction ideally.

Incidentally, have just been on the Kindle store looking for something to download and there was a book (forget the exact title) and it was described as "The Dublin Trilogy Book 4".

Eh? I've obviously spent the past 43 years not realising a trilogy actually meant four! :lol:

Douglas Adams did a trilogy in four parts. Hilarious! Life, The Universe and Everything!

So difficult to say what to write isn't it? I have a sketch of a book I'd like to do, don't think I'll get to it in the near future though, too much on Vital to do and obviously the other one needs to be pushed

They say base things loosely on what you know don't they? Sadly I know nothing! lol

I know a good proof reader if you need JPA!

PMSL

Quintessential proof of not understanding a word on a literal sense!

What floats your boat in terms of stories you like JPA? Lean on something you have a natural interest in and an affinity for.

If you do a test run on that basis to work out the cobwebs so to speak, if you know your subject matter you'll be better able to check the 'fiction' elements in terms of anything you 'nick' (for want of a better word) from things you like, and you can put time into taking those ideas but making them your own and original as opposed to overly stabbing and reaching for topics you don't understand as well.

If that makes sense.

I'm into thrillers but don't want to get too bogged down with any kind of police procedurals etc. Not sure if you're familiar with Carl Hiaasen? His books are hilarious, and I love the Jack Reacher nonsense from fellow Villan Lee Child.

I was only kidding re plot ideas really. I've been doing some bits and bobs but they don't seem to be leading anywhere, in terms of me making a full blown novel out of them. They're great for short stories, but I can't find a way to develop them further.

Cheers for your thoughts guys. I f anything occurs, please do PM me.

:tophat:

Status
Not open for further replies.