The REALLY Interesting Thread - all new for 2018 | Vital Football

The REALLY Interesting Thread - all new for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
Decided to start an all-new 'interesting' thread as I was trying to edit a post earlier on the existing one and it took forever, so I threw my toys out of the pram.

I have picked them up now.

As you were.

Some of you will have forgotten that earlier in the week I reported that my phone line and broadband was not working properly. Well land line is now totally unusable and broadband intermittent.

OpenReach came out today and....

I can report that the fault with the line is exactly 21.5 metres from my house.

And with that JPA I suggest that you close this thread as nothing will be as interesting as that in 2018.

Melon Donkey - 31/1/2018 21:37

Some of you will have forgotten that earlier in the week

Actually Melon, I hadn't forgotten. In fact, I have barely been able to sleep with worry about this most unsatisfactory situation.

I am hugely relieved they have identified the issue, and I look forward to hearing from you in 3 weeks when they have fixed it :3:

JuanPabloAngel - 31/1/2018 21:39

Melon Donkey - 31/1/2018 21:37

Some of you will have forgotten that earlier in the week

Actually Melon, I hadn't forgotten. In fact, I have barely been able to sleep with worry about this most unsatisfactory situation.

I am hugely relieved they have identified the issue, and I look forward to hearing from you in 3 weeks when they have fixed it :3:

:1: :19:

Yes, the engineer tried to tell me that they may send someone out today to fix it . This was at 3:30pm. I think my look of 'yeah right of course they will' was duly noted.

Well I popped to Sainsbury's earlier and a woman outside tried to sell me a £25 gift card for £15. !!!!

Ooops. Just realised I posted in the old interesting thread.

Here we go again in the new one ....

So that's dry January 96.8% completed (I drank on New Years Day but not a drop since)

Not in any great hurry to get back on it so will see how long I can last in February. No plans this weekend so i reckon i can at least add another week of no drinking onto the end.

Put on weight in January though. Basically replaced alcohol with sweets, chocolates and crisps. D'oh!

Gooooooooood morning Vital Villans :18:

I lasted about ten days, then wanted a fruit cider so I damn well had a fruit cider!

Morning all.

Mrs Melon has a birthday in February otherwise it's a bit of a nothing month really. Neither here nor there I find.

In other news. Today is my first day off work sick in 7 years. Severe (clearly) lurgy. Most unlike me. Everyone else has had it in the house so I am not happy that this has been brought to me through no fault of my own. There will be repercussions!. :13:

Status
Not open for further replies.