The player who left thread | Page 378 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Just back from the England game and what a great feeling it is to be a) back watching live football and b) too see that the best guy in an England shirt is a villa player. Even the fans were signing his name in the stadium. It’s laughable how this guy has been overlooked before but if he is 100% fit and puts in full effort (which he didn’t today) he could be the player of the tournament… and he’s a villa player and fan..

Just back from the England game and what a great feeling it is to be a) back watching live football and b) too see that the best guy in an England shirt is a villa player. Even the fans were signing his name in the stadium. It’s laughable how this guy has been overlooked before but if he is 100% fit and puts in full effort (which he didn’t today) he could be the player of the tournament… and he’s a villa player and fan..

Trouble is 21 yr old Foden and 22 yr old Mount are riding over the hill to turn us from drab one dimensional, passing sideways dross to genuine contenders. So SJ doesn’t play.

Bet Pogba, Griezmann, Mbappe, Benzema, Kante and their less experienced German counterparts of Gundogen , Hummels, Neuer, Havertz, Kroos, Mueller and Gnabry are shitting it.

No. Me neither .

If Grealish doesn't play it's like Argentina leaving Messi on the bench. Over to you Gareth

Given how Gareth thinks, he might leave him out to show how he managed to succeed and how great a manager he is to have won the tournament despite leaving him out. Assuming they win it that way, which they won’t.

Just imagine if Jack ever has a good game for England, they'll suddenly realise he's the best thing since Gazza. Hopefully, he'll go on to be better than that sad drunken wife-beater on the pitch.

Personally, my wish is to see Jack at least once perform for England like he does for Villa. Arsenal fans know what that performance is like and so do United fans based on his performances at the Emirates and OT.

I just hope Guardiola hasn’t realised that he’s a better left sided alternative to Sterling and the natural successor to David Silva behind a striker.
If I was Man.City I’d bust the bank.
Of course, he’s going nowhere.

It's the same every other tournament isn't it? England's obviously best attacking player might not start because... reasons?

Darren Anderton being ahead of Beckham, Michael Owen "not a natural goalscorer", Andy Cole barely getting a cap despite doing a Harry Kane and topping goals AND assists, Scholes on the left wing?????, Le Tissier nowhere near a tournament, WHY do we have to go through this before the inevitable every bloody time?

Sterling and Rashford to start against Croatia and England to pass it mildly across the pitch for 70 mins without looking like doing anything. Grealish on, destroys three defenders and a goal. Grealish starts the next match. Like clockwork.

If Grealish becomes the man for England, refs will give a free kick every time a defender looks at him.

The other side of that coin is that there will be a lot of pressure on him to join a "top" side.

I wonder if the plan for next season is to get Jack playing No.10 with Beuendia and Traore on the wings?

Seems to be playing No.10 regulalrly for England now, so I wonder if Smith has indicated that's where his future lies?

I wonder if the plan for next season is to get Jack playing No.10 with Beuendia and Traore on the wings?

Seems to be playing No.10 regulalrly for England now, so I wonder if Smith has indicated that's where his future lies?
Think all three could play any of those positions, we know Jack likes to float, perhaps we'll play our version of "total football" with them all rotating.

Just as an aside, didn't Jack look shite in blue - can't see him playing in anything else than claret & blue, so we only have to worry about bids from Burnley or Wet Spam (or maybe a cheeky Scunthorpe Utd bid).

Based on this extensive piece of research, I think it's safe to say "JACK'S GOING NOWHERE" :wagging:

Just as an aside, didn't Jack look shite in blue - can't see him playing in anything else than claret & blue, so we only have to worry about bids from Burnley or Wet Spam (or maybe a cheeky Scunthorpe Utd bid).

Based on this extensive piece of research, I think it's safe to say "JACK'S GOING NOWHERE" :wagging:
Lest we forget - to quote "best day of my life" captaining his boyhood club against our biggest rivals on their cabbage patch and getting the winner.