The player who left thread | Page 379 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Lest we forget - to quote "best day of my life" captaining his boyhood club against our biggest rivals on their cabbage patch and getting the winner.

We'd seen a lot from Jack at that point but that game really marked his card as a superstar for me. He would have been well within his rights to knock that little toad's lights out. If it was me, I'd have gone for him and even if the ref didn't send me off for that, I'd have been a walking red card after that.

Instead of fucking up one nose with a few slaps, Jack just gets on with the game and fucks them all up with a great goal. He eats pressure. Superstar.

I personally enjoyed that Jack goal more than the 5-1 purely because of the context. You could not write this stuff , absolutely killed them wankers off forever

I was referring to the Gabby goal at the sty. I think that was our first win vs them since they got promoted.

Unbelievable isn't it. Pep is credited as saying that Jack is the final piece of his Champions League puzzle, yet here we all are wondering whether Gareth Southgate is going to start him.

You have to wonder about the FA sometimes and their appointments to the role of England Manager. Clough was the overwhelming choice after Revie, but they went for Ron Greenwood. List of uninspiring England managers for your enjoyment:
Alf Ramsey
Joe Mercer
Don Revie
Ron Greenwood
Bobby Robson
Graham Taylor
Terry Venables
Glenn Hoddle
Howard Wilkinson
Kevin Keegan
Peter Taylor
Sven-Göran Eriksson