The player who left thread | Page 376 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Is it generally accepted or believed on here that he probably has a release clause in his contract, which is either ready to be activated or will trigger after a certain time period?

I struggle to believe he signed a whacking great new contract with a scummy agent, without such a release clause.

Therefore, he isn’t going anywhere only if the release clause doesn’t exist or if a team doesn’t come in with a bid to trigger it.

Happy to be told otherwise if someone believes it doesn’t exist.

Only those who signed/did the deal know.

I would be shocked if his agent/lawyer didn't have one put in.

As said, no one knows.

We don't want a repeat or trigger that could arrest the feel good factor and upward trajectory of the club.

Had to take a second glance reading this....Thought two weeks ago it was nailed on that we were going to struggle next season, Dean Smith wasn’t good enough and we were basically on a slippery slope Sihill? What a difference two wins have made eh?! Liking the more optimistic tone...! :grinning:

I was going to do a new (temporary) thread/poll on how we would feel if he did leave this summer, along the lines of below. But not really necessary I guess.

1. Good riddance, you snake
2. Gutted - it will set us back years
3. Fair play, you won't win anything staying here
4. It is what it is - let's reinvest the £100m (or whatever) and build the squad

So, what would be the overriding feeling if he did go* to, say, Citeh this summer?

*hypothetical - HE IS GOING NOWHERE.

When I was younger I would've been livid at Jack leaving and I'm sure the younger generation of fans will be utterly gutted if he goes. These days I fully expect it and I would just wish him the best and move on. £100 million quid invested correctly in the team could have us pushing for the top 4. On the other hand keeping Grealish and investing 30m-50m in the team could also have us pushing for the top 4. If we play it correctly it wouldn't be such a big blow.

When I was younger I would've been livid at Jack leaving and I'm sure the younger generation of fans will be utterly gutted if he goes. These days I fully expect it and I would just wish him the best and move on. £100 million quid invested correctly in the team could have us pushing for the top 4. On the other hand keeping Grealish and investing 30m-50m in the team could also have us pushing for the top 4. If we play it correctly it wouldn't be such a big blow.

I am 57 now and would be devastated if Jack went. We don't see players like him very often.

If we are to push for top 4 we need to keep Jack and invest £100m+. Our squad depth is nowhere near the usual top 4 challengers

Jack likes a tweet 'come to Man Utd'... later he unlikes it.

This is the world we live in now. :lol:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/grealish-man-utd-transfer-hint-24210506

Still say if he was 100% sure about staying, he wouldn't allow his agent to talk like this...

his agent, Jonathan Barnett, conceded that he is aware of growing interest but didn't put United at the front of the queue.
He said: "The truth is we don't know [what will happen]. There are many clubs [interested] and I wouldn't put Manchester United at the top of that

But he could stay. He could stay as well, so it's a conversation the club, Aston Villa, will have with Jack [Grealish] and ourselves then we'll see where we go. At the moment he is a Villa player and he has no thoughts about anything else."

Why does he need a conversation, as some of you are pointing out very strongly, he signed a new deal already.

Modern £ootball. On the pitch at the start of the new season/close of the transfer window will convince me, nothing else.

Well said. Most people have been commenting as if they know Jack personally and know what’s on his mind. If he feels that it is time to move, he will and he should. There is no denying that he would be absolutely delighted to be in champs league with us, however, we need to be making improvements in leaps and bounds to be a champs league ready side which most likely won’t happen in a few years. He needs to take stock objectively instead of subjectively. Hence whether he stays or not, we need a plan of action either way beforehand.

If we are to push for top 4 we need to keep Jack and invest £100m+. Our squad depth is nowhere near the usual top 4 challengers

I would say 200 mil +. Chelsea spent that despite already having a big squad full of quality players and yet had to rely on results elsewhere to finish top 4. That goes to show just spending truckloads of money isn’t the answer either and how difficult it is to get into the top 4 and even more so to stay there as established regulars.

Where Jack is next season depends as much on our owners as Jack and his representatives. I think these two owners will make Levy look like a pussy cat. They are no pushovers and whatever happens they’ll make sure we get the best of a deal.
But.. we must keep a talent like Jack and build on him. Apologies for stating the bleeding obvious.

There are 2 elements to a player's value
1] objective value - JG is one of [at the very least] best creative players in the PL and maybe in the world [this summer may show that if he's given the chance]. He's still quite young. I'd say £100 million up value
2] value to the selling club. JG & Kane are the 'main man' at their clubs and as such are worth more to the selling club than the market value in point [1]
Some quite unproven players are valued at £50m

Unless contractually obliged by a release clause we should not consider letting JG go for less than 150m and Spurs should ask more for Kane [although older].

Frankly there are less than a dozen players in the world worth as much on a player performance level [although other players like Ronaldo bring in loads of revenue to offset their cost]

What 2 £50m players might be equal to Jack for us; then there is always the risk that they won't work out.

There are 2 elements to a player's value
1] objective value - JG is one of [at the very least] best creative players in the PL and maybe in the world [this summer may show that if he's given the chance]. He's still quite young. I'd say £100 million up value
2] value to the selling club. JG & Kane are the 'main man' at their clubs and as such are worth more to the selling club than the market value in point [1]
Some quite unproven players are valued at £50m

Unless contractually obliged by a release clause we should not consider letting JG go for less than 150m and Spurs should ask more for Kane [although older].

Frankly there are less than a dozen players in the world worth as much on a player performance level [although other players like Ronaldo bring in loads of revenue to offset their cost]

What 2 £50m players might be equal to Jack for us; then there is always the risk that they won't work out.
You forgot that a team might need to sell - we don’t. So release clause must be reached to trigger, then the player must want to go.