The Plastic Crisis/Environment Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Plastic Crisis/Environment Thread

Yup, the road surfacing was an interesting one but mention was made about micro plastics splintering off into rivers etc etc.

Not heard, unless I'd forgot, about flashing aspects - that could be a good one potentially.

Could be a good roofing alternative as well, especially if solar-power could be included within the build.

Okay, they might not all be feasible when looked at properly, but does show what 'could' be done if there was the will.

The deepest point on Earth is heavily polluted with plastic, scientists have discovered, showing how pervasively the world has been contaminated.

The researchers plumbed the depths of the Mariana Trench in the western Pacific Ocean, near Challenger Deep, the lowest place on the face of the planet. They found the highest levels of microplastics yet found in the open ocean, compared with surveys from elsewhere in the Pacific, Atlantic and Arctic oceans.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-pollution-mariana-trench-deepest-point-ocean

I was on a boat off the coast of Thailand in November, the amount of plastic floating in the sea was horrifying. Whatever we do in Europe if it's not replicated in the Far East the oceans are fucked.

needs to be worldwide, think it will happen, probably in 20 years when it is too late!

needs to be worldwide, think it will happen, probably in 20 years when it is too late!

Yeah, I'm not optimistic about the situation. We need more proactive governments. We could spark a new golden age with massive investments in green technology but there doesn't seem to be any political will for it at the moment.