The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 69 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

But from the other angle, if our desire is their expertise - what better way to prioritise their expertise by having them invest and have their own profits linked to performance....as opposed to just employing them.

But there are unlikely to be any profits ? - at least in the short/medium term.

4 new appointments to the Villa, V Sports board apparently. A couple from Altirios. My something is going on radar is on full blast lol.

One of the new appointments is the ceo of Orascom, which is apparently the world's largest construction company and is owned by Naseef Sawaris. They've just finished a 90k seater stadium in Egypt.

Another is someone connected to the hedge fund Wed Eden founded, worth 47 billion dollars and has been running a rail infrastructure company for Edens.

Something is afoot be it a new stadium or new plans for a renovation of villa park.

One of the new appointments is the ceo of Orascom, which is apparently the world's largest construction company and is owned by Naseef Sawaris. They've just finished a 90k seater stadium in Egypt.

Another is someone connected to the hedge fund Wed Eden founded, worth 47 billion dollars and has been running a rail infrastructure company for Edens.

Something is afoot be it a new stadium or new plans for a renovation of villa park.

I really wouldn't get your hopes up.

I've read elsewhere that all of the new board members are existing associates of Wes + Naz.
If we had wanted there expertise for infrastructure projects we could have simply employed them on a consultancy basis.

I really wouldn't get your hopes up.

I've read elsewhere that all of the new board members are existing associates of Wes + Naz.
If we had wanted there expertise for infrastructure projects we could have simply employed them on a consultancy basis.
I would doubt they have been brought in just so they need a bigger table in the boardroom. I also doubt Aterios have been invited in because NSWE are short of 80m or whatever it was. However time will tell as ever.

I would doubt they have been brought in just so they need a bigger table in the boardroom. I also doubt Aterios have been invited in because NSWE are short of 80m or whatever it was. However time will tell as ever.

I agree on both counts.

Equally though this is finance involving millions if not billions not something is mere mortals can wrap our heads around !

I wouldn't be surprised if things continued much as before - imo I would be surprised if these board changes are a prelude to a new stand or stadium.

Should try and get Aramco on board. We could buy all the wank 6 players and pay them to retire.

I agree on both counts.

Equally though this is finance involving millions if not billions not something is mere mortals can wrap our heads around !

I wouldn't be surprised if things continued much as before - imo I would be surprised if these board changes are a prelude to a new stand or stadium.
You may well be right. It might be for the extensive knowledge of broadcasting at Alterios via Sky, Comcast etc

I'm sure they're not short but it does mitigate their exposure.

The lads also probably don’t have 200m in cash just sitting around and raising another 200m in cash if they do isn’t as easy either.

I think I read an article that a lot of Nas’ wealth is tied up in his companies.

We're going to have to do a lot of crude things and exploit as many loop holes as possible. It's crazy to me that owners cannot put what they want into clubs they own. All these rules serve to achieve is to make the league less competitive and cement the likes of Man City as guaranteed winners every year.

We're going to have to do a lot of crude things and exploit as many loop holes as possible. It's crazy to me that owners cannot put what they want into clubs they own. All these rules serve to achieve is to make the league less competitive and cement the likes of Man City as guaranteed winners every year.
That's what all the rules are for. It's just legalised match fixing.

As the article says in any walk of life - the rich don't like more people becoming rich.

Makes grim reading really - the wages ratio calculation makes things even more restrictive than FFP or PSR - if we want to throw the bank at Emery or Luiz ....we can't ..
I didn't read it because I hate their site but based on the UEFA report we are already at 90% in today's terms. That doesn't take into account additional seasons in Europe, Betano and Adidas.

I think its safe to say Nas and the boys have thought all this through with their negotiations of these new deals. Its probably reasonable to assume we've landed another 30-40m per season (20m Betano, 10-20m Adidas) without any additional European income or the higher league position.

Our wages is something like 120m so we've added 25-30% as it stands.

Smacks of a new stadium if you ask me!!!
Wisdom of Solomon needed. We old codgers see Villa Park as a deeply important part of our lives. So many memories, mates aplenty and many now HEITS. Family too, with deep roots in Aston. However, space restrictions, parking issues, transport problems and, ultimately the concerns that Aston and a 60/70000 stadium doesn't scan. 50000+ with a redevelopment of the North Stand is welcome but will such a capacity become a millstone as rivals expand? Beginning to look like the New Stadium is now more likely than not. Wonder what our Grandads said when we left Perry Barr?

Smacks of a new stadium if you ask me!!!

Seriously???? How do you arrive at that ?

We've pulled out of a £100k north stand expansion very recently - with the CEO in a round about way saying it wasn't viable...

I'm not sensing anything on a new stadium in the foreseeable....I think we will be lucky to Hecks extra 3k seats..

Wisdom of Solomon needed. We old codgers see Villa Park as a deeply important part of our lives. So many memories, mates aplenty and many now HEITS. Family too, with deep roots in Aston. However, space restrictions, parking issues, transport problems and, ultimately the concerns that Aston and a 60/70000 stadium doesn't scan. 50000+ with a redevelopment of the North Stand is welcome but will such a capacity become a millstone as rivals expand? Beginning to look like the New Stadium is now more likely than not. Wonder what our Grandads said when we left Perry Barr?

Where in the west midlands are we going to locate that an attendance of 60k won't cause traffic issues ? - ever been past the NEC when crufts is on ?
and
A new stadium would knock a good hole in £1bn - the owners have repeatedly and categorically stated it's not happening...

If we are are baulking at £100m for a staduim expansion - I just can't see an outlay of 10x that anytime soon.