The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

If it is Suso that's been mostly responsible for finding suitable players, someone else must carry the can for thinking he's been doing a good job.

Bit of pressure, and there seems to be a scatter-gun approach to pinning blame on anybody with any visibility. Pitarch is obviously to blame; he scouted such disasters as Luiz (... oh wait!) Then there's Purslow; he's Pitarch's boss. Then there's Doris; what does she put in the tea?

Fact is everybody from the owners down wants to take this club in the direction which the fans want (excepting those who were apparently wanting us to stay in the Championship). It's a tremendously difficult job going from a failing Champs club to one finding success in the PL. Fact is if anyone thinks its possible to recruit 12 players and have them all brilliantly successful, or even the majority of them, they're living in cloud cuckoo land; some players are not going to click. I reckon last summers recruitment only failed in the lack of fire-power up front.

Purslow's done a lot for this club; he's been behind all of the revamp carried out for the owners, much behind the scenes, and deserves credit for that.

Bit of pressure, and there seems to be a scatter-gun approach to pinning blame on anybody with any visibility. Pitarch is obviously to blame; he scouted such disasters as Luiz (... oh wait!) Then there's Purslow; he's Pitarch's boss. Then there's Doris; what does she put in the tea?

Fact is everybody from the owners down wants to take this club in the direction which the fans want (excepting those who were apparently wanting us to stay in the Championship). It's a tremendously difficult job going from a failing Champs club to one finding success in the PL. Fact is if anyone thinks its possible to recruit 12 players and have them all brilliantly successful, or even the majority of them, they're living in cloud cuckoo land; some players are not going to click. I reckon last summers recruitment only failed in the lack of fire-power up front.

Purslow's done a lot for this club; he's been behind all of the revamp carried out for the owners, much behind the scenes, and deserves credit for that.
Purslow and Smith and his coaching team have definitely done enough in their careers at Villa to stay for at least another season. Pitarch, from what I can see, hasn't done his job in recruiting suitable playing staff. He needs to go and we need someone with more PL experience.

Purslow and Smith and his coaching team have definitely done enough in their careers at Villa to stay for at least another season. Pitarch, from what I can see, hasn't done his job in recruiting suitable playing staff. He needs to go and we need someone with more PL experience.

It's a fallacy to think PL experience is necessary. The PL isn't the "English game"; it's an international game. It is where it is because of recruitment from all over the world, and the ingredients that brings. How much PL experience did Wolves use to build to where they are now? None.

It's a fallacy to think PL experience is necessary. The PL isn't the "English game"; it's an international game. It is where it is because of recruitment from all over the world, and the ingredients that brings. How much PL experience did Wolves use to build to where they are now? None.
Fair but I think it helps personally. Every league is different and the premier league and aston villa is a totally different fish to la Liga and Valencia. I'd prefer someone who knows the league, knows Villa, knows what we want as fans.

I think Wolves are a one off and to be fair to them they have got their recruitment largely bang on, they’ve also been very well funded and have bought in champions league players like Neves, Moutinho, Rui Patricio, Jimenez which is a far cry from the calibre of players we’ve been able to bring in. I find it quite surprising how anyone could look at us and think the lack of experience isn’t an issue but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I think Wolves are a one off and to be fair to them they have got their recruitment largely bang on, they’ve also been very well funded and have bought in champions league players like Neves, Moutinho, Rui Patricio, Jimenez which is a far cry from the calibre of players we’ve been able to bring in. I find it quite surprising how anyone could look at us and think the lack of experience isn’t an issue but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Experience always helps. But buying PL calibre players with experience costs, a lot.

When it comes to recruitment though I think it's different. Purslow is obviously experienced re the PL. Pitarch maybe not direct experience, but has a lot of experience elsewhere, moreover you need somebody with that experience to be able to recruit from abroad. I shudder to think what we'd have ended up with if we'd stuck to homegrown players. More Lansburys and Hourihanes?

Not since Ellis broke up our winning european team have I had such a feeling of disdane. This team and from the chief executive down is a disgrace. He (the chief executive) could not give a toss about my club. He worked at two of the biggest clubs in the country and for whatever reason left. He lands at Villa Park and has done nothing to improve the club dispite being paid in excess of £m a year. Then we have Sen Jesús Vicente García Pitarch Marco. sounds good, but who has he found that was better than what we already had. The team. apart from two or three could not care less about the club, there is no fight or passion shown. they dont seem fit, they have no cohesion with each other, I cant imaginewhat they do at BMH. Then we come to the manager, I really wanted him to do well, but sadly the job is to big for him, and that is being polite to him. Come next season
I'll still be there, but a lot of the staff will be gone and they wont give a toss. This time next year they will have forgotten all about us, and we were called cynical.

Selective memories are never a good idea. You actually think Fox & Co were better? Or the snake oil salesman?

Whether we go down or not there has been a lot of real investment in the club, and the overall organisation is probably sounder, better thought out than the club has ever had. And it should get better.

Selective memories are never a good idea. You actually think Fox & Co were better? Or the snake oil salesman?

Whether we go down or not there has been a lot of real investment in the club, and the overall organisation is probably sounder, better thought out than the club has ever had. And it should get better.
Where did he say Fox & Co were better, or the snake oil salesman.

This could be merged with a multitude of threads. I think we will find one and move it or we will just be talking about the same things in 3 or 4 different threads.

Be interesting what the owners make of it is, where they think the blame is and what they intend to do about it.

Think Smith and Purslow in that combined interview at the start of the season said judge us on results, didn't they?

Well...........

The decision to give Smith a long term deal this season was absolutely horrendous. We also needed to pull the trigger on Smith in December when our trajectory was clear.

The decision making in executive positions looks poor to me and that's the main criteria we should be judging these people on.

Be interesting what the owners make of it is, where they think the blame is and what they intend to do about it.

Think Smith and Purslow in that combined interview at the start of the season said judge us on results, didn't they?

Well...........
Yes it will be interesting, are they going to stand up and be counted or are they going to meekly allow Purslow and the management team continue to mess it up. I want to see action early from the owners in sorting out those to blame for this terrible season. Certainly if it was my money wasted I would be extremly annoyed at the moment.

Interesting article (for a change) from b.mail:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/be-very-careful-blunt-truth-18528405

Think Alex Berwick hits a few nails on the head.
To be honest he is stating the f*cking obvious,while having a pop at the fans. No thanks.

Oh and there will be a massive rebuilding jobi n the summer regardless, if we stay up these players are not good enough, and if we go down we will lose the three or four quality players we have. How well are we going to do when we are left with bloody Jota?

Well I'm sure he was very pleased with himself when he wrote that article.

Always the fans fault Wurzel, unrealistic expectations apparently. Nothing to do the with the bullshit fans are constantly fed !