The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

Or he tried despite a crook being in charge?

He did some good things, although I didn't like the outsourcing, that was lazy and has left a bit of a mess.

Comes across as a shiny suit haircut and not much else to me - these guys are ten-a-penny when there's big moolah being splashed about.

Jury's out for a couple of years for me but time will tell.
Nah, he sets the direction of travel and holds people to account. So far he has done what he said he would. Difficult to change a culture over night, but I'm hearing an optimism from within that hasn't been there for years. CEO's are wired differently. Good ones are worth their weight.

Presumably much/most of that was aimed at the other guy's post but you'll have to knee jerk virtue signal elsewhere for me mate.
Bit patronising that Bonker. Molly is also a female contributor I believe, not your "mate". Seems funny you pick up on Purslow's aggression in that interview and then become aggressive yourself when it suits.

To my reading it's just one of those unfortunate moments where intent/humour/understanding don't quite come across in text. I'm pretty sure we can all move on with a smile here.

Don't forget, Purslow is also invested on a minor scale in his own success with us.

Yeah hes just a bit cheesy and a bit of a crowd pleaser, i know its his job but I'd prefer if as a football club we kept business in the back room and put the players fans and coaches to the forefront instead.
I hardly think he's been at the forefront to be fair. One TV interview with the national media and a couple for AVTV is not exactly hogging the limelight. His role is to be the public face of the ownership and I think he's struck the correct balance between Ellis (who put himself in front of any camera that had a red light on) and Lerner (who never spoke).

Also, I might be in the minority but I love the fact that he put the presenter in her place on the McGinn contract question - more people should do that when they get absurd questions!

Seemed to me that Purslow was/is fed up with the lazy comparisons with Fulham and the speculation about how much we have exactly spent and went on to put the record straight.

He was very specific as to how much we have spent even though it hasn't stopped some outlets still reporting it incorrectly.

Seemed to me that Purslow was/is fed up with the lazy comparisons with Fulham and the speculation about how much we have exactly spent and went on to put the record straight.

He was very specific as to how much we have spent even though it hasn't stopped some outlets still reporting it incorrectly.
I liked his comment that he "doesn't know the details of other clubs' spending." In other words: "I don't give a flying f*** what Fulham did!"
And let's not forget we bought an entire team for less money than ManUre spent on two defenders.

Suppose it depends what ya want a slimey bastard like Fox or a straight talking guy like Purslow too early to make any judgements yet I suppose but I never liked Fox from day one.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...rch-facing-axe-amid-concerns-recruitment.html

Went back a way but couldn't find a Suso thread so I'll put this here.

According to the article we're reviewing our recruitment and Suso sounds like he's for the chop. Apparently he also pissed off the owners suggesting relegation should be scrapped for this season.

The article then links us to Sean Dyche and claims we're going to replace Suso with a British DoF. Then goes on to say we face the prospect of being in the championship with players who've never played there before because apparently Heaton, Konsa, Hause, Elno, Taylor, Mings, Mcginn, Hourihane, El Ghazi haven't played in the championship before.

Also just seen that Juanfran, who is our scout for Spain and Portugal has left the club to become manager of CD Lugo in the Spanish second tier so there'll definitely be some changes to the scouting department.

Last edited:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...rch-facing-axe-amid-concerns-recruitment.html

Went back a way but couldn't find a Suso thread so I'll put this here.

According to the article we're reviewing our recruitment and Suso sounds like he's for the chop. Apparently he also pissed off the owners suggesting relegation should be scrapped for this season.

The article then links us to Sean Dyche and claims we're going to replace Suso with a British DoF. Then goes on to say we face the prospect of being in the championship with players who've never played there before because apparently Heaton, Konsa, Hause, Elno, Taylor, Mings, Mcginn, Hourihane, El Ghazi haven't played in the championship before.

In other words, the Daily Fail has absolutely excelled in not knowing what the hell it's on about?

Dare I suggest this time they have plagiarized a report from Mars (they have form as Court cases and settlements show) of talking absolute bollocks.

Ah Sami Mokbel...it's not plagiarism the bloke is just a fucking idiot and it's an exclusive without any exclusive information. My pay cheque would be bigger if I was prepared to be that much of a 'banned word' and rehash utter bollocks as if I'd been told something fresh.

Also just seen that Juanfran, who is our scout for Spain and Portugal has left the club to become manager of CD Lugo in the Spanish second tier so there'll definitely be some changes to the scouting department.
Well if it means we don't sign the likes of Borja Baston*, I have no problem with that!

* I know he came from Swansea, but he's Spanish :grinning:

Unsettled Burnley boss Sean Dyche is known to have admirers in the Villa boardroom

I don't believe it! If Randy was still around maybe, but he's not. Get the impression Dyche wouldn't say no, and maybe his recent mutterings are setting out his stall, but surely he's not the manager to take us where the owners want to go.

Anyway, typical Mail. Total b*ll*cks.

Seems like the Daily Fail nicked this story straight from John Percy at the Torygragh. I'm not surprised that the owners are thinking about this but, the worry has to be that if the scouting/ recruitment review is done at the end of the season, what happens to preparations for next year? Who oversees them? If Smith is to go too that is another load of upheaval we don't really need and a slow start to the recruitment for next season.

If the story is true, then its clear that there is some tension behind the scenes which also bodes ill for the next few weeks.

If both Smith and Pitarch depart, what does this say about the leadership of our CEO and his ability to recruit senior staff. Employed 2, lost 2...relegation form?

Seems like the Daily Fail nicked this story straight from John Percy at the Torygragh. I'm not surprised that the owners are thinking about this but, the worry has to be that if the scouting/ recruitment review is done at the end of the season, what happens to preparations for next year? Who oversees them? If Smith is to go too that is another load of upheaval we don't really need and a slow start to the recruitment for next season.

If the story is true, then its clear that there is some tension behind the scenes which also bodes ill for the next few weeks.

If both Smith and Pitarch depart, what does this say about the leadership of our CEO and his ability to recruit senior staff. Employed 2, lost 2...relegation form?

As I posted on the Relegation thread;

I am in the sack Smith camp.

If we could get someone in quickly, this last few PL games we'll be turning up for, would give the new guy an opportunity to see what we have - or what we might have. He can see them in 'competitive action' so he has more idea of what is required for the new season in the Championship.

That to me would be the best thing moving forward because next season will be upon us very quickly.