The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 157 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Callum Robbinson hasn't travelled to 2 friendlies with PNE so some random website has linked him with coming to us, when will these fake news peddlers be held accountable for their lies?

I'd let Elmo go if we could get a fee for him.

Why are we not in for Trippier? He looks set to leave spuds.

it would be harsh on Guilbert but selling Elmo, bringing in Trippier with Guilbert as cover looks good to me.

How much do you think Levy would want for Trippier? I think Elmo deserves his shot not forgetting his Wembley performance also goals for Egypt. although I like trippier I think we are okay at right back

Callum Robbinson hasn't travelled to 2 friendlies with PNE so some random website has linked him with coming to us, when will these fake news peddlers be held accountable for their lies?

He’s off to Sheffield Utd according to a lot of papers. He’s developed a lot since he left us but not convinced he’s more than a championship player. Good luck to him if he gets a prem move though

Oh sorry yes you are right he is shit only 59 games in the premier league he must be shit obviously all these players with 0 premier league games are much more accustomed to playing in the premier league than him because Hull and West Brom doesn’t count

I realise I've insulted your hero but Like I said he's no Gareth Barry .
Elmo and Taylor have far more games in the top fight , and Elmo is more likely to play .
If you bother to read what i say about Chester is he won't fit into a Dean Smith side and he's too slow . I haven't said he was shit He couldn't do it last season when asked to play from the back he fucked up no end of times . Great player for a Bruce side but never in a million years will he fit into Dean Smiths side
Great he's club captain Great he played through injury but premier league player he isn't . I get it but it's time to move on

Where will Jota play? I assume it will be RW is that correct?

He played there for Blues but Smith like players to interchange and he could stand in for Jack or play where McGinn was last season with SJM deeper . It's squad game Don't think he'll play every game

Of all the fans not to write of a player coz he's had a knee injury you'd think ours would be the last to do so.....

let me tell you the story of a man... a man named Paul... actually you've probably already heard it.
And another man I remember who graced the claret and blue and had dodgy knees and only kicked a ball come Saturday - big, blond haired, Scandinavian type .... what was his name now???

Chester won't fit into a Dean Smith side and he's too slow . I haven't said he was shit He couldn't do it last season when asked to play from the back he fucked up no end of times . Great player for a Bruce side but never in a million years will he fit into Dean Smiths side
Great he's club captain Great he played through injury but premier league player he isn't .

Totally agree with these comments. Absolutely admire Chester as a man and a player, but never understood why he was captain as he seemed too quiet and even timid (vocally) on the pitch.
I know that he was carrying an injury while playing last year, but every time he tried to bring the ball out of defence, or attempted a pass I had kittens! If you’re fit enough to play professional football, then carrying an injury doesn’t make you incapable of passing the ball to a player on your team. He’s a gutsy, old fashioned centre half, but he’s not the modern ball playing CB that managers of Deanos ilk like to use. IMO he’ll either be moved on or utilised as a back up squad player.

And my opinion is nothing to do with his dodgy knee, just don’t think he has the skill set to play regularly in a Dean Smith team.

And my opinion is nothing to do with his dodgy knee, just don’t think he has the skill set to play regularly in a Dean Smith team.

Spot on He never got a second thought during that brilliant run but now he's a hero again and you can't say a word against him ,
Even if its constructive . Like he won't fit in to Dean's team style of play .
Fit perfectly in a Bruce side that defends the 18 yard line but not one that defends 35/40 yards out. He's not a good enough footballer or quick enough to do it , . He's a George Curtis type

Chester did pretty well when when DS came in, even carrying an injury. Think DS has confidence in him; he may be used as backup, or when DS thinks more experience is required.

And another man I remember who graced the claret and blue and had dodgy knees and only kicked a ball come Saturday - big, blond haired, Scandinavian type .... what was his name now???

Enckleman?

Been wondering about the forwards situation. My guess is that DS will concentrate on using:
Wesley Kodjia O'Hare

Wesley will be number one. Kodjia will be used when another out and out striker is required, and O'Hare from the bench to liven things up. I'm certain O'Hare will get his chance this year.

That leaves Davis and RHM. To me, neither so far has shown enough. Think they'll go out on loan or leave.

Does mean another striker wouldn't go amiss though.

Been wondering about the forwards situation. My guess is that DS will concentrate on using:
Wesley Kodjia O'Hare

Would you think that's enough? Injuries always have to be taken into consideration, knowing our luck Wesley will be crocked in the first week and be out for 3 months, and Kodjia will get crocked the following week.

I think we need at least one more striker. Maupay would do for me.

Now that Lauren was a bloody awesome defender not the quickest but able to read the game well and was like having a 3rd striker with set pieces