The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 159 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

This chap goes on a bit about Cite, but 8 mins in gives a bit of feedback on Luiz, if anyone interested. Sounds promising

Bit of a worry that he only played 13 times for Girona last season.

Girona are probably around the same level as a mid table Championship team.

Douglas Luiz's Style of Play
  • Plays the ball off the ground often
  • Likes to shoot from distance
  • Likes to play long balls

Sounds like a Tony Pulis signing.

The buy back clause is a joke. Take a chance on buying a youngster, give him game time, plays really well, fernandinho hangs up his boots next summer and we probably get 25m for him.

Ah well, hopefully he's very good but not quite good enough for Pep.

Don't worry about the buy back clause. I remember Barca putting one in for Adama too! lol

This is Manchester City!!!

Douglas could come to us and turn into the 10th best DM in the world!!!

But Manchester City can buy who the hell they want.... so surely they'd buy one of the other 9?

I'm not worried about them coming back in for him... if they do it means he's been OUTSTANDING for us, and we'd make a tidy profit on him, but I just can't see it happening.

Pep rates him highly apparently. I can't work out why he couldn't play for Man City because of work permit issues , but they won't be a problem for us.

Interestingly (or not), this is one of the names on an ITK twitter account. Mate of a mate of DS's son. Phillips was also on that list along with a couple of others including one of the CB's we have been linked with from abroad.

Full list:

Heaton
Engels
Trezeguet
Phillips
Douglas

Make of that what you will.

Don't worry about the buy back clause. I remember Barca putting one in for Adama too! lol

This is Manchester City!!!

Douglas could come to us and turn into the 10th best DM in the world!!!

But Manchester City can buy who the hell they want.... so surely they'd buy one of the other 9?

I'm not worried about them coming back in for him... if they do it means he's been OUTSTANDING for us, and we'd make a tidy profit on him, but I just can't see it happening.
They bought a full back using the clause already this summer for something like 8m when the player was linked with 20m moves. They'll take him back if he's any good, it's a glorified loan move.

The buy back clause is a joke. Take a chance on buying a youngster, give him game time, plays really well, fernandinho hangs up his boots next summer and we probably get 25m for him.

Ah well, hopefully he's very good but not quite good enough for Pep.

Fine . He has a great season for us. Man City buy him back for £30 million , and we sign Phillips when Leeds have fallen apart again next season.

He’s been loaned the last 2 seasons when he didn’t get a work permit.

I’m sure with Wesley it was granted due to size of the fee and the fact he’s a first choice high profile player.

Not quite so sure it’s the same with this fell?

Pep rates him highly apparently. I can't work out why he couldn't play for Man City because of work permit issues , but they won't be a problem for us.

Perhaps it's to do with him playing in Spain for a couple of years , I don't know and I don't care as long as he can play . City have a massive squad and can only have so many registered to play , we don't have that problem , we're still trying to find 11 good ones