The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 156 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

We will start with 4 new centre backs, Chester will be sold along with Bjarnson and maybe landsbury. We needed a new team and we'll on the way to getting it.

Tenner that Chester is still a Villa player at the start of the season and we won't sign another CB?

We now find Bournemouth and the dingles in for Phillips.

Apparently we've put in an offer for Phillips.... £11m it's being reported. If that is right, and we pay £12m for Konsa, the offer for Phillips has to be a piss take............
But Dirty Leeds are desperate due to FFP issues - don't you read the news PoL??? :fish:

We will start with 4 new centre backs, Chester will be sold along with Bjarnson and maybe landsbury. We needed a new team and we'll on the way to getting it.
Chester is club captain and one of only a small number of players who actually have any significant premier league experience. I’d have thought he’s one of the last players we should sell.

I'll give you Young and Friedel, Milner was young and up and coming not established. Downing and Bent fitful. Dunne 1 good season but not fit to lace Melberg's boots, Terry never played for us at the highest level. All were overpaid. Meh! Not much of a success really. :hmmm:

The only experienced name(s) we've been linked with that is/are remotely interesting to me is Cahill and maybe Delph. Doubt they'd come on our terms though.

I'd let Elmo go if we could get a fee for him.

Why are we not in for Trippier? He looks set to leave spuds.

it would be harsh on Guilbert but selling Elmo, bringing in Trippier with Guilbert as cover looks good to me.

I'd let Elmo go if we could get a fee for him.

Why are we not in for Trippier? He looks set to leave spuds.

it would be harsh on Guilbert but selling Elmo, bringing in Trippier with Guilbert as cover looks good to me.
Don't get why Spuds want rid. But yeah, right price we should definitely look at him.

Having witnessed the investment and the new signings I decided to have a tenner on finishing in the top half at 9/2. William Hill gave me £40 in free bets, so I had a tenner each on top 6 at 50/1, top 4 at 100/1 and champions at 1000/1. I was then left with a spare tenner and after some thought I got 9/2 on Small Heath getting relegated ?
Beers on me in May if they all come in - no way was I going to offer the kind of forfeit offered by Aspinall ??

Having witnessed the investment and the new signings I decided to have a tenner on finishing in the top half at 9/2. William Hill gave me £40 in free bets, so I had a tenner each on top 6 at 50/1, top 4 at 100/1 and champions at 1000/1. I was then left with a spare tenner and after some thought I got 9/2 on Small Heath getting relegated ?
Beers on me in May if they all come in - no way was I going to offer the kind of forfeit offered by Aspinall ??

Well will hold you to that Claret ??

Chester is club captain and one of only a small number of players who actually have any significant premier league experience. I’d have thought he’s one of the last players we should sell.

46 games for Hull in two season and 13 baggies he's hardly Gareth Barry

46 games for Hull in two season and 13 baggies he's hardly Gareth Barry

Oh sorry yes you are right he is shit only 59 games in the premier league he must be shit obviously all these players with 0 premier league games are much more accustomed to playing in the premier league than him because Hull and West Brom doesn’t count