The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 92 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

What's all this stuff going around on Twitter that Mings might not want to sign for us now because he's sick of getting harassed by our fans? Sounds like nonsense to me, it's not like footballers are on social media all the time and see every comment anyway, but thought I'd bring it up.
Load of shite I would say but I have been told his missus ain't too keen to leave the south coast.

Leave the guy alone for fucks sake. We seem to have a lot of firework fans on social media who go from love to hate from reading or seeing one post.

If he doesn’t sign, they’ll be out giving him dogs abuse and he’ll be glad he didn’t.
Think every team has them Dan typing whilst playing with themselves thinking they are suddenly Tyrones mate.

What's all this stuff going around on Twitter that Mings might not want to sign for us now because he's sick of getting harassed by our fans? Sounds like nonsense to me, it's not like footballers are on social media all the time and see every comment anyway, but thought I'd bring it up.

Think you answered your own question.

Don't know who are worse. The people who type that shit or the people that pay any attention to it. (Not you btw. Those others out there on social media )

I’ve seen Kongolo play 4 or 5 times last season and he is really god player , even for Huddersfield when they were getting battered , he would be a fine addition, but if it’s 1 or the other I’m praying we get Mings , I’ll be gutted if we don’t , ps I’ve not tweeted him

I’ve seen Kongolo play 4 or 5 times last season and he is really god player , even for Huddersfield when they were getting battered , he would be a fine addition, but if it’s 1 or the other I’m praying we get Mings , I’ll be gutted if we don’t , ps I’ve not tweeted him

I've watched youtube clips of him and he'd be more than useful at left back or CB, seems very quick which is what you need to be first and foremost these days to be a defender

Dean Smith bought players in at Brentford for a pittance that now are prem quality players, that's what he's good at. You dont need to spend 20 million for a player just because we are in the prem. you just need a good manager who knows what he's doing,that's exactly what we have, so trust him.
what players are prem quality that brentford have because hogen wasnt when we had him

what players are prem quality that brentford have because hogen wasnt when we had him
I would say Maupay and Benrahma are. As for Scott Hogan, he was signed by Mark Warburton not Dean Smith, which could be the reason he don't fit in.

Its difficult to tell who will be able to step up to PL level. There are a few in our squad that will, which some have already written off. Just the same as with the likes of Bournemouth, Watford and Southampton when they all came up. Not many expected them to establish themselves so easily.
We just need to get the right players to fit the system we are trying to play and not just sign some overpriced player because his stats look good in a completely different system to what he would play with us. Not many signings happen before July, so no need for people to start panicking just yet, we have exactly the same conversations each Summer

On big difference this season the panic will happen a few days before the season kicks off and not 3 weeks into the season , so we actually need to be 3 weeks sooner with signings preferably more if we want them to actually train with the squad prior to KO .