The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 91 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

I would imagine as we speak Purslow is negotiating at least a couple of deals and they just don't happen overnight.

I was on the train back from London last night and sitting in the next row was a football agent talking to his boss about a player who looked to be signing for Norwich. We do forget that there's more to a transfer than just agreeing the fee. He was talking about finding his client things like suitable accommodation etc.

What was interesting though he said his client (who I didn't get the name of) wanted to go to Norwich as they had made him feel more welcome than the other club and gave him the impression they cared more.

It wasn't the bloke who has changed his mind and gone to Celtic was it lol.

|More of an observation than a moan. But its widely reported DS is chasing Maupay. So assuming we will play one up front, Westley is not a prolific goal scorer. Maupay is ???
I think Smudge will opt for a 4, 4, 1, 1 with Westley in the No 10/hole roll.

From what little I have seen of Westley he looks like a better Davis. Can hold the ball up and bring Others into the game but can also get forward and score.

Play him behind Maupay

Lot of rumblings surrounding young Marv. The fact he is on international duty would slow down negotiations I would have thought. Never know.

On the forward front, somehow I will feel more confident if we pick up Maupay. Wesley, as the out and out front man, coming to a new country is always a plan prone to some ‘bedding in’ time. Fancy Maupay might hit the ground running that bit better.

Would rather sell Hogan than loan him out. Really don’t want to try and finder a seller when he is another year older. Bristol City or Brentford?

What's all this stuff going around on Twitter that Mings might not want to sign for us now because he's sick of getting harassed by our fans? Sounds like nonsense to me, it's not like footballers are on social media all the time and see every comment anyway, but thought I'd bring it up.

What's all this stuff going around on Twitter that Mings might not want to sign for us now because he's sick of getting harassed by our fans? Sounds like nonsense to me, it's not like footballers are on social media all the time and see every comment anyway, but thought I'd bring it up.
Twitter twatter I call it. Mings adores us and will sign.....soon.

His charity or something was getting bombarded with comments from idiot villa fans so he put a message out about it on Twitter in which he seemed to be annoyed

I don’t think there’s much more to it than that and no real suggestion that he suddenly wouldn’t want to sign specifically because of it

Leave the guy alone for fucks sake. We seem to have a lot of firework fans on social media who go from love to hate from reading or seeing one post.

If he doesn’t sign, they’ll be out giving him dogs abuse and he’ll be glad he didn’t.

Twitter twatter I call it.
I started following a few villa fan accounts recently and my god some of them are embarrassing.

I think most are run by kids (or adults who only have the intelligence of kids). Constantly arguing with each other, who is most “ITK” etc and insulting anyone who disagrees, they are an embarrassment to the club and to all the fans who have normal (or high) IQ’s

I agree that some of the stuff is over the top but Mings seems like an intelligent bloke, I don't think he'd let a few anonymous comments on a website alter his perception of the club or his connection with fans at games.

I started following a few villa fan accounts recently and my god some of them are embarrassing.

I think most are run by kids (or adults who only have the intelligence of kids). Constantly arguing with each other, who is most “ITK” etc and insulting anyone who disagrees, they are an embarrassment to the club and to all the fans who have normal (or high) IQ’s

The level of abuse at times is astonishing. The level of debate as well. I don't think you can beat a well run forum for proper talk.

Anyone know of a well run forum btw, I wouldn't mind trying one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!