The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Aribo looks like a left footed Tshibola from the hour I’ve watched in a good way I mean, in terms of how he plays with the swagger. If we are looking at him, I hope then he doesn’t suffer whatever it was that held Tish back.

I only saw the last half hour and didn't notice anything on either side I'd pay money for

If we go up I’d rather see us sign players with top flight experience rather than lower league players (I’ll include Scotland as lower league) which we seem to be linked with at the moment

Didn't we sign SJM from that 'lower league' ? another couple of names that spring to mind are 'Van Dijk' and 'Wanyama' I guess its down to good selection and an eye for quality. We would have taken any of those players to VP (and SJM has been a great addition). Lets look to find good potential at good value no matter what league they play in. Lets not get average players (that get the odd game with their existing clubs) and pay stupid money for them because they play in a so called 'higher standard League'.

Didn't we sign SJM from that 'lower league' ? another couple of names that spring to mind are 'Van Dijk' and 'Wanyama' I guess its down to good selection and an eye for quality. We would have taken any of those players to VP (and SJM has been a great addition). Lets look to find good potential at good value no matter what league they play in. Lets not get average players (that get the odd game with their existing clubs) and pay stupid money for them because they play in a so called 'higher standard League'.
:agree: let's just find the talent and not be snobs about where they come from.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we take a couple of free agents along the way ourselves.

I am expecting all or, nigh on, all those with expiring deals will have formal notice very soon that new contracts will not be offered - most haven’t played recently anyway.

The squad is still too big, bloated by players that never turn out. Yes, we will spend quite heavily, but I am sure some of that will be offset through releases and a few sales. Can’t see us doing a Fulham by bringing in a dozen - at least, I hope not. Can see us doing something similar to Wolves last year - 7 or 8 newbies/converted loanees.

I can't see Taylor being a 1st choice next season whatever league we're in. He's improved defensively but isn't good enough going forward and looks like a rabbit in headlights when on the ball in the opposition half. Right back we'll still have Elmo who has been good these last few months and the French lad incoming who I assume will be 1st choice.

Thought he's been looking quite good going forwards. Lively, linking up well with other players, very positive.

Pretty sure we'll keep him. But we do need another left back. Let them fight it out.

It's Green who I find disappointing. Seems to have lost a lot of confidence if he ever had any. He could frighten defences and he doesn't. Wonder what Dean thinks. At the moment don't think Green is near PL quality.

From what Dean said after the match, the players (loanees apart I presume) will be back in tomorrow for a final chat. After that we should know who'll be staying and who going. I think we'll want business done and dusted by the end of June, if possible, to make full use of pre-season.