The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

The timing is interesting, we’re bidding for a player not knowing what league we’re in. Surely we could’ve waited a few days rather than put Neil Taylor on edge just a few days before the biggest game of his villa career?

The timing is interesting, we’re bidding for a player not knowing what league we’re in. Surely we could’ve waited a few days rather than put Neil Taylor on edge just a few days before the biggest game of his villa career?

Yep should wait until 5pm on Monday

A 21 year old winner, just starting his career with back to back promotions to his name? £7.5m sounds like a price worth paying to me. We should have a policy to buy players like this, take the risk and see where we get.

The only slightly odd thing for me is the timing of the bid - we have a huge game on Monday that last thing we need are distractions or certain players put off their game.

Taylor would probably be surprised as anybody if we didn't go for a left back. DS wants competition in all places. They can fight it out. That's good for everybody.

This lad has experience (which Mitch Clark hasn't to any degree). However he still has to prove it with us. A good age. Good signing if it's true. Especially if it inspires Taylor to get his first goal for us.

Yup the experience issue with Clark is answered by their game time.

Clark - 20 y/o - 45 starts one sub.
Justin - 19 y/o - 90 starts 24 subs.

Again our handling of Clark works again him here holding him back in the U23s instead of getting real game time at 18/19.

Yup the experience issue with Clark is answered by their game time.

Clark - 20 y/o - 45 starts one sub.
Justin - 19 y/o - 90 starts 24 subs.

Again our handling of Clark works again him here holding him back in the U23s instead of getting real game time at 18/19.

This is so true. Last season I was at the league cup game vs Wigan where O'Hare, Clark and JDH all started and played well. Clark in particular looked ready to be playing proper football. Yet instead of sending them out on loan or giving them chances for us we held them back for some reason.

This is so true. Last season I was at the league cup game vs Wigan where O'Hare, Clark and JDH all started and played well. Clark in particular looked ready to be playing proper football. Yet instead of sending them out on loan or giving them chances for us we held them back for some reason.

Yes Clark did look more than capable and in preseason he looked good but obviously our coaching staff don't see him as a player for where we want to be , so we just have to hope they are right .
The next big hope now is Jacob Ramsey who seem to have caught Smiths eye he seems to have skipped a level

I do wonder if that twat Kmac was more interested in the U23’s doing good rather than helping the lads progress their careers.

We're apparently lining up a 10m bid for Liverpool winger Ryan Kent wether we go up or not, though this is according to the sun so take it with a pitch of salt. Kent is 22 and has had various loan spells with his current one at Rangers being his most successful, he's won the spfl young player of the year award.

Also linked with Charlton midfielder Joe Aribo. Another 22 year old midfielder but he's out of contract in the summer. The couple of times I've seen Charlton on tv this season he's stood out to he fair so wouldn't mind if this were true. He's a big strong lad with pace and would definitely add something to our current midfield options.

I can see both of these as they tie in with the buy young and develop them philosophy that Edens espouses. If we go up they could be good squad players and if we don't good additions to the 1st team.

If we go up I’d rather see us sign players with top flight experience rather than lower league players (I’ll include Scotland as lower league) which we seem to be linked with at the moment

If we go up I’d rather see us sign players with top flight experience rather than lower league players (I’ll include Scotland as lower league) which we seem to be linked with at the moment

Agreed. I've nothing against signing younger or lesser known players, after all the man who is probably our best signing of the last decade (Benteke) was signed for a smallish fee from a lesser European league. But we definitely need some players who are ready now to play in the top flight.

My hope is that if these links to Justin, Kent and Aribo are true them they'll be squad players in the event of promotion and 1st teamers if we are still in the championship.

I'm loving the youth focus of these probably bullshit rumours.

I'd much rather see us sign a load of players on their way up than a load of players who have had their time and need a nice payday before heading off into the sunset.

If we do go up I think we need to sign a core of 3 or 4 players who would be considered too good for the Championship. I suspect they may come from abroad. We don't employ European scouts for nothing.

I'm unsure about why we would be going after a left back.
I thought we took Kourtney Hause on loan with a fee set for end of season purchase.
He has, I think, proved what a decent player he'd be to have around.
Taylor has been improving his performances until now he's beginning to look like a more than decent back.
We are going to need to keep Tyrone and Axel if possible, or replace with quality.
We will need a replacement for Whelan, although I'd be open to offering him a one-year deal.
Then of course there is Tammy. It would appear there is no-way we could get him to stay.
I believe Anwar El Ghazi was brought in on loan with a fee set for an end of season purchase.
Ironically right back seems to be where we really need sorting out.

I can't see Taylor being a 1st choice next season whatever league we're in. He's improved defensively but isn't good enough going forward and looks like a rabbit in headlights when on the ball in the opposition half. Right back we'll still have Elmo who has been good these last few months and the French lad incoming who I assume will be 1st choice.

I'm unsure about why we would be going after a left back.
I thought we took Kourtney Hause on loan with a fee set for end of season purchase.
He has, I think, proved what a decent player he'd be to have around.
Taylor has been improving his performances until now he's beginning to look like a more than decent back.
We are going to need to keep Tyrone and Axel if possible, or replace with quality.
We will need a replacement for Whelan, although I'd be open to offering him a one-year deal.
Then of course there is Tammy. It would appear there is no-way we could get him to stay.
I believe Anwar El Ghazi was brought in on loan with a fee set for an end of season purchase.
Ironically right back seems to be where we really need sorting out.

We have bought a right back.

Aribo looks like a left footed Tshibola from the hour I’ve watched in a good way I mean, in terms of how he plays with the swagger. If we are looking at him, I hope then he doesn’t suffer whatever it was that held Tish back.