The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

If Chelsea wanted £35m+ for Hudson-Odoi I wouldnt be surprised if they wanted similar for Tammy. We shouldnt really be knocking a guy who has just scored 26 goals in a season for us, but for that fee we could buy the finished article from other European leagues

If their transfer embargo stands, they may not want to sell anyone.

I'd have Benteke Milner and Delph back but they may not be what they were but still better than anything we have except Jack and SJM.
We went down when we lost them and tried to make do with cheap players .

I don't think we will be looking at those players though , there seems to be a plan and I'm looking forward to seeing what route we take

We nearly went down with them. No chance of Milner coming back, Benteke has lost his way. Delph might be worth it on his old wages but not his current one.

Richards will have gone. Gabby has gone. If only McCormack would go. Time to cut with the past and sail on into the future.

Sounds like we might be going down the moneyball route. I think that counts out the old experienced players looking for one last payday.
Properly researched players with a future looks to be our preferred method.

It looks as if the content of the Wednesday talks with those on expiring contracts is beginning to percolate through.

Richie De Laet has confirmed he is leaving. Also saw reference to suggest Richards has been told we won’t stump up anymore visitor’s money.

From what Deano and Purslow were saying it sounded like we won't be going down the loan route unless there is the option to keep them in the future .
So I'm guessing Tammy and Axel will only be back if we have an option or they are bought outright.
They don't want a situation where we train up a player then he costs us twice as much .
Which is what will happen with Mings I expect.
Bournemouth paid 12m for Mepham who we wanted so they are going to want at least that for Mings , personally that would be a bargain