The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 524 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it did work out, if you look at where we finished last season. Dean can look back on his 3 years with pride. He's done an awful lot for the club, in many ways.

But if the club has ambition, as it should have, it has to look critically at where we're going. It's become obvious over the last few matches under Dean that we weren't going to solve the problems of this year.

I'm glad the owners acted quickly. They not only have the right ambitions, they get the club, and understood the need to act before things got toxic, inside and outside the club.
Yeah good point.
His legacy is certainly a good one

It might explain the interview from Matt Targett after the loss against Southampton when he seemed upset and talked about how they had let people down.

Maybe the players heard within the club's grapevine this was Smith's last chance?

Yes I thought that too. He seemed genuinely gutted.

Agree that it's the right timing - provided they have someone lined up - but I must say that it's made me really sad. I know a lot of people say there's no room for sentiment in football, but I think sentiment is the whole point of football! I loved having a Villa fan as manager and as captain; I was gutted when Grealish left, and I'm gutted that Smith has had to leave.

Of course the club is bigger than all this, but it just felt special when it was going well.

Mate. I think you have misread the mood on here.

Not many celebrating or happy despite agreeing the time was right.

Now jog on and reconsider your post.

I am expressing my own feelings and not taking the piss out of those who feel sad. I am happy that the owners have done the right thing. My reaction would have been the same regardless of who our manager was because he had 3 years to do what I feel he and every other manager should have done but failed to do. The owners have done what is best for the club. Thanks NSWE a lot. Hope the next one is a better choice and take us forward.

I am expressing my own feelings and not taking the piss out of those who feel sad. I am happy that the owners have done the right thing. My reaction would have been the same regardless of who our manager was because he had 3 years to do what I feel he and every other manager should have done but failed to do. The owners have done what is best for the club. Thanks NSWE a lot. Hope the next one is a better choice and take us forward.

I repeat you misread the mood. It's the kind of thing a Small Heath fan would come on and do.

Embarrassed for you really.

I would actually say this was a top choice for where we were and what has been achieved in that time. I just hope the next guy is the one we can all get behind and is that next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.