The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 523 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Deano :utv: All the best to him in the future and hopefully you’ll be in the opposition dugout sooner rather than later.

I hope he looks back on the premier league years and some of the games where we threw away points through a lack of tactics/game management and the allegiance to certain players, and realises that is ultimately what cost him his job.

Last edited:
Maybe the players heard within the club's grapevine this was Smith's last chance?

It was being speculated in the week over social media as to whether a loss would result in his dismissal, and these highly paid footballers seem to read everything we do from Facebook, Twitter, fantasy football you name it.

Last edited:
In a weird way, it’s nice to have a manager go, but to feel a sort of sadness, as opposed to the toxicity a la Bruce.

sad it didn’t work out, but I’m glad the club have acted now.

just hope they get the next bit right

I think it did work out, if you look at where we finished last season. Dean can look back on his 3 years with pride. He's done an awful lot for the club, in many ways.

But if the club has ambition, as it should have, it has to look critically at where we're going. It's become obvious over the last few matches under Dean that we weren't going to solve the problems of this year.

I'm glad the owners acted quickly. They not only have the right ambitions, they get the club, and understood the need to act before things got toxic, inside and outside the club.

It might explain the interview from Matt Targett after the loss against Southampton when he seemed upset and talked about how they had let people down.

Maybe the players heard within the club's grapevine this was Smith's last chance?

That may well be what was on the bit of paper that was being passed around - who knows.

I'm totally gutted, and now I've read Percy's article that we're considering Gerrard and 9-0x2 from Southampton.

I feel sick. Huge test for NSWE. Don't fuck it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.