The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 516 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn’t just the 5 loses though is it mate, it’s 7 in 11, the first 11 games of a season, this isn’t a mid year slump after a good start! it’s more defeats in 2021 than other prem team Inc Newcastle! It’s 2 goals a game agaisnt on average without the know how to reply.

Are we allowed to use the 2021 form to justify his incompetence?

Newcastle have been a joke, all that money and they land Eddie Howe, so who would we end up with.
Are they any different from us, ‘All that money and they land DS’ I’m not sure we’re in a position to point and laugh.
It’s hard to attract mangers of any ilk when you’re deep in it, that’s why the further we drop the smaller the pool will be.
Even so keeping him could be even more suicidal.

Thing is mate he appears to be relishing our predicament, all you others in the out camp appear to have the good of Villa at it's core.
The point I was trying to make is that he probably has come to the end of his tenure giving a new manager 27 games to turn it around.

It may appear so but that is not the case. Same as Dean appeared to be a good manager while Jack was here, but he is not. 😁

Just saw Targetts post-match interview. The bloke looks like he’s about to burst into tears, you can also tell there is something on the tip of his tongue he cannot say…something is not right behind the scenes at Aston Villa.

Are they any different from us, ‘All that money and they land DS’ I’m not sure we’re in a position to point and laugh.
It’s hard to attract mangers of any ilk when you’re deep in it, that’s why the further we drop the smaller the pool will be.

I won't be shocked one bit if he is given the entire season " to turn it around " and if we end up being relegated, hear arguments in his favour for still keeping him in the job as " he got us up ".

I'm just saying mate they must have scoured the world for the manager to take them on and end up with Howe , so who the fuck would we wind up with , I doubt Nuno would come to us. We'll end up with Shaky until the end of the season

And this is where him being a villa fan being "one of our own" becomes detrimental to the club as a whole. Any other manager (non villa fan) would of been getting pelters and cabbages etc some time ago. The Watford game opening day said it all for me. Absolute shambles

But that was an acceptable defeat due to the fact that it was a newly promoted team and we did not know what to expect from Watford or something to that effect was said at the time by someone here.

Just saw Targetts post-match interview. The bloke looks like he’s about to burst into tears, you can also tell there is something on the tip of his tongue he cannot say…something is not right behind the scenes at Aston Villa.

I can well imagine that many of the players are in the same emotional state, especially the new boys.

I've been there and it's horrible - this is now a pure senior/management task to put that right - it's about organisation and making the right decisions, it's that simple but you can't do it if you don't know what it's supposed to look like through lack of experience.

We can blame individual/players all we like but ultimately if your soldiers repeatedly go out onto the battlefield and get slaughtered then it's the officers to blame. No strategy/tactical nouse always ends up the same way against an organised and disciplined outfit, even if you're better/stronger than the other guys on paper.

Exactly what we said in the car going home last night. If Deano goes then another manager has to be lined up and ready to go. No fannying around with a caretaker one while you trawl round looking for someone.

I'll say one thing in defence of Smith, "the board" botched the transfer window. They sold our best player, went in for Smith Rowe and Ward Prowse and failed, with them in our side we would be a different team and a few results would've been different. I think we beat Watford, Brentford, Wolves and Southampton with those 2 in our team and thus Smith is not under the pressure that he is. How much faith can we have in them to find the right manager? Time will tell.

I think the fact Brentford used to play us off the park when he was there, was a big factor in fans wanting him. The Villa fan thing obviously helped a bit as well

The former is exactly why I wanted him. And because we don't have that yet is exactly why I want him gone. If he is still here after the break and I see he has finally got the team working on that, he has my full support.

I'm just saying mate they must have scoured the world for the manager to take them on and end up with Howe , so who the fuck would we wind up with , I doubt Nuno would come to us. We'll end up with Shaky until the end of the season
Agreed.

I'll say one thing in defence of Smith, "the board" botched the transfer window. They sold our best player, went in for Smith Rowe and Ward Prowse and failed, with them in our side we would be a different team and a few results would've been different. How much faith can we have in them to find the right manager? Time will tell.

Maybe another manager could have convinced those guys to come to us - we just don't know but I agree and as I posted last night, missing out on a/JWP was a crucial miss IMO.

Managers will always believe they can turn things round, they need to have that belief. Almost none of them quit unless they’re moving to another job. The fact it’s his dream job would probably make it even more unlikely.
I’m sure we are already exploring options with managers, so I guess it will depend on who’s interested

A dream job he has turned into a nightmare for us with no style of play yet and enjoying the money he has been making thanks to Jack.

I agree mate their style of play was very nice to watch, which is initially what he brought here, not sure why he’s not gone back to the basics he knows?

Because it was not him that was actually responsible for the style of play is what I read some Bees fan say when I went on one of their fan sites to see what the reactions there were like after Dean signed for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.