The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 514 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that’s the win-win for Smith. He has a very good championship CV, and no premier league relegations to his name miraculously. I also believe he hasn’t been sacked as a manager so that record is in tact.

He’ll get a decent job either towards the top of the championship or a lower league premier league side. He’ll probably do very well in a lower pressure environment to be fair, and good luck to him.
He won't get a premier league job. Absolutely no chance

I think that’s the win-win for Smith. He has a very good championship CV, and no premier league relegations to his name miraculously. I also believe he hasn’t been sacked as a manager so that record is in tact.

He’ll get a decent job either towards the top of the championship or a lower league premier league side. He’ll probably do very well in a lower pressure environment to be fair, and good luck to him.
He's got a lower PL side mate now

Yes this is how were were first season back and we eventually knuckled down and ground out some 1-0 wins by playing a solid back 4 and defending for our lives, something that Smith just won't do now
I’m not sure he won’t, I really think Dean’s come to the end, he now seems incapable of changing our 11month slide.

Is his Championship CV that good? He finished 9th 10th and 9th with Brentford, and in those last 2 seasons more than 20 players come in and still failed from what I can see.

Is his Championship CV that good? He finished 9th 10th and 9th with Brentford, and in those last 2 seasons more than 20 players come in and still failed from what I can see.

Thank you. Grealish was the main factor in our promotion without him Smith was bang average even at that level and the results show it. 5th in the Championship we finished that season. As SilHillVilla said Smith gets the benefit of the doubt where the likes of Bruce received cabbages. This is why I never want another Villa fan as our manager.

I remember someone saying we aren't going down a couple weeks ago, and I thought bloody hell that's tempting fate.
We look like a relegation side at the moment , I wish it was down to injuries but with the exception of Luiz who plays every game we really aren't missing any regulars
Haha that was probably me, because@Melon Donkey commented upon it. Still don't think we will go down.
New manager has the biggest part of the season to get to grips with this.
We are playing some dross at the moment, but it's for the most part an organisation issue.
Deano has had some bad luck, but I would argue it's his failure to get the best out of what he has and to organise what he has that will prove to be his downfall.

I think the fact Brentford used to play us off the park when he was there, was a big factor in fans wanting him. The Villa fan thing obviously helped a bit as well

It's no good Smith blaming injuries etc, thai's why you have a squad to cover that, The more players he's had to change things seem to have caused him different problems, we seemed to be better when we only had 11 certs, why, God knows.

If Smith loves the club he will hand in his notice

Loving the club means nothing, you live in a dream land on this . I love the club but fcuk walking away from a few million by quitting. Matters not if he is set for the rest of his life either. And anyone on here I will gladly call a liar if they say they would let a few million quid slide for the 'love' of the club. I love my family and their security for generations more as I'm sure you do with yours.

Managers will always believe they can turn things round, they need to have that belief. Almost none of them quit unless they’re moving to another job. The fact it’s his dream job would probably make it even more unlikely.
I’m sure we are already exploring options with managers, so I guess it will depend on who’s interested

I think the fact Brentford used to play us off the park when he was there, was a big factor in fans wanting him. The Villa fan thing obviously helped a bit as well
I agree mate their style of play was very nice to watch, which is initially what he brought here, not sure why he’s not gone back to the basics he knows?

If he loves the club he'll try his utmost to turn it around, which I believe he is. He then has to think about his family and future and thus protect himself with his compensation.

Expecting him to resign because you badly want him gone and smuggling that into some sort of value judgement about his character is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.