The Official Danny Drinkwater Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Official Danny Drinkwater Thread

What an horrific fukin signing. And we’re paying his £110k a week wage!!!!!!!

We said that about others, uninspiring yes, hands tied, yes, but lets give him a chance. He may have done nothing but he helped escape relegation and won a league playing 30 odd games not sitting on the bench like a Darron Gibson.

Don't see what the fuss is about. The club knows about his conviction and if they think there isn't an issue I'll go with that.

As I said on the transfer thread, our midfield isn't the engine room of the team it should be, especially now that SJM is out for three months, so this signing makes sense. Don't quite get the calls for experience, then the negativity when we get some.

Drinkwater can add something to the team, and maybe create a better balance in doing so. I for one hope this comes off.

"Don't quite get the calls for experience, then the negativity when we get some."
I dont think the negativity is about his experience McParland, its more about his lack of any game time this season or last and his failure to establish himself in a very average Burnley team.

Just spoke with a mate who's a die-hard Leicester fan (as in, been following them and season ticket holder his whole life, not just 2016 onwards). He had this to say:

<<I think he's lost his way and most probably gone past the point of return. I think age, attitude and mentality are his biggest obstacles. If you really think about it, he would have to stop drinking, clubbing and change his lifestyle completely. Don't think it's possible. Dyche had difficulties getting through to him. Perhaps Terry could be the breakthrough... Talent wise, he's not going to replicate his days at Leicester, but he's very efficient, good on the ball, and has good vision.>>

Just spoke with a mate who's a die-hard Leicester fan (as in, been following them and season ticket holder his whole life, not just 2016 onwards). He had this to say:

<<I think he's lost his way and most probably gone past the point of return. I think age, attitude and mentality are his biggest obstacles. If you really think about it, he would have to stop drinking, clubbing and change his lifestyle completely. Don't think it's possible. Dyche had difficulties getting through to him. Perhaps Terry could be the breakthrough... Talent wise, he's not going to replicate his days at Leicester, but he's very efficient, good on the ball, and has good vision.>>

That doesn’t sound good to me

What a load of rubbish. We have signed a piss head who got banned from driving a few months ago, I hope he stays sober and does what his name says, and only drinks water. He could'nt make the Burnley team but he can make ours. I know we want some players but this is scraping the barrel. Another gate locked to stop him training ? Where's the striker ? even money bet we don't sign one.
After 65 years supporting my club the thing I've learnt is we never change

I hope he also drinks some isotonic sports drinks which help with recovery after games and provide what’s needed before and during games.

Neither under nor overwhelmed by this signing. If we get the DD that Leicester had, great. Hasn’t done much since to judge him on. It’s only a short loan and Chelsea are paying for it mostly so not much risk and SJM will be back in March (Hopefully).

Repeat: It's a f*cking loan.

I know we were all here sat in our Giroud shirts and Ibrahimovic pants but - and I was as shocked as you - apparently playing for Internazionale or Milan is even more alluring than a relegation battle in Birmingham.

The only thing I would say about if it doesnt work out, and others have said just send him back is that he will have taken the place of another loan that could have worked out.
As I have said I will judge on performance but his track record over the last few seasons suggests it wont.
Yes I get that but any transfers are difficult in January, we can still loan a couple more can't we?