The Official Danny Drinkwater Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Official Danny Drinkwater Thread

What a load of rubbish. We have signed a piss head who got banned from driving a few months ago, I hope he stays sober and does what his name says, and only drinks water. He could'nt make the Burnley team but he can make ours. I know we want some players but this is scraping the barrel. Another gate locked to stop him training ? Where's the striker ? even money bet we don't sign one.
After 65 years supporting my club the thing I've learnt is we never change
With McGinn injured, aside from Jack, our current midfield is Championship at best. We are desperate in that department and it's just not possible to get Premier experienced players who are currently in favour at their clubs.

Agreed, you roll the dice. Looks a bizarre one to me, but if he does well here, then that is all that matters (as you acknowledge, on the pitch). But you also do look at past record to see what you are getting surely? Flopped twice, as CDX says, last chance saloon now. Hope he is fit, not sure how he can be with the lack of match time but hey ho, not my problem that, down to the medical set up and fitness coaches.

Hope he's not as big a **** as he appears, because our dressing room already looks fragile. No idea, but maybe (?!?!) he has a good reputation in the dressing room and that is what has attracted Smith. Just total speculation, no clue.

Don't like arrogant pricks like him who risk others driving whilst pissed, so my judgement is clouded, but meh if he helps keep us up, great, I can't be worrying about the morals of these sorts I guess.

Number one thing I'll be looking at, can be bring a bit of tempo to our midfield, maybe stop others strolling around.

I kept waiting for the likes of Lansbury to come good, now conceded. So a bit dubious bringing in a two team flop, but maybe he'll come determined and all will be well.

I prefer to look at succeeding once than failing twice.

I don't buy into all this last chance saloon/ last chance to prove himself talk.

Last chance for what? Prove what?

He's won the Premier League with Leicester City and earned more money at Chelsea than he could ever possibly spend in his lifetime.

What's he got left to prove at the age of 30?

He'll pick up his wages for the next couple of years and so will end the ballad of Danny lager drinker Drinkwater

It's a loan to the end of the season at best so why get so upset? If it doesn't work out we lose very little. If he helps us stay up then he has done a job for us.

I prefer to look at succeeding once than failing twice.

you surely go on the last one or two clubs, not the one played for the furthest away.

Now he is here, hope upon hope, he is great for us. Not holding my breath after his recent flops, but he might be fine.

Hardly the priority I don't think but whatever, not my team, not my job on the line, so the manager has to have what he wants

It's a loan to the end of the season at best so why get so upset? If it doesn't work out we lose very little. If he helps us stay up then he has done a job for us.

same as Dean says, not upset, but we always talk about signings and players don't we?

He has a lot to prove, maybe he wants to, if so, :thumbup:

He's seen where he'll end up now at a shite hole like Burnley, just hope he realises this is the biggest club he'll ever play for and doesn't blow that chance, I'm not holding my breath but he'll get a couple of games before I decide to get stuck into him if he is a piss head layabout

Good luck to him. Something to prove and remind people what he can actually do. Hope it works out for him and works for us, will provide some valuable experience in midfield also help us close out games 🤞

I've not met him but Dean Smith has and he says he's impressed with Danny's hunger, so I'll bow to his judgement.

I'm never going to be in the business of rejecting experienced title winners at the Villa. Hope it works out.

you surely go on the last one or two clubs, not the one played for the furthest away.

Now he is here, hope upon hope, he is great for us. Not holding my breath after his recent flops, but he might be fine.

Hardly the priority I don't think but whatever, not my team, not my job on the line, so the manager has to have what he wants

I think most coaches will always look at players like Drinkwater and take the challenge on of getting him back to where he was at Leicester. Sure the move to Chelsea didn't work for whatever reason , but I am sure any decent midfielder wouldn't thrive at Burnley the way they play.

I've not met him but Dean Smith has and he says he's impressed with Danny's hunger, so I'll bow to his judgement.

I'm never going to be in the business of rejecting experienced title winners at the Villa. Hope it works out.

As already stated, 84 premier league starts at the age of 30 isn't actually that experience, but hey ho, I think we all agree that we want him to do well, it's just that some of us highly doubt that will happen.

Still we'd love to be proved wrong, no doubt!