The Official Danny Drinkwater Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Official Danny Drinkwater Thread

Thank god he's only on loan, whoever thought it was a good idea to bring him here as a replacement for Mcginn, must be crazy. totally opposite.

As the season is somewhat suspended it would be a good time to terminate the load of Danny Dyerwater, he really brings nothing to the team and as for headbutting a fellow player I have to ask in what other employment would you headbutt a colleague and expect to keep your job?

From an interview in the Telegraph (paywalled):

“Villa was the biggest wake-up call in terms of my fitness,” said Drinkwater. “I was catching up three pre-seasons, a full season with no football and half a season where I’ve played two games. And I’m thinking ‘eight games, I’ll be fine’.

I was trying to rush it and, to be fair, Dean Smith was quality. He didn’t put any pressure on me, but I felt like I had no time. I played four or five games and I didn’t manage to do anything.

The fans were waiting for Danny Drinkwater and this loaf of bread turned up in midfield.”

At least he recognises he was shite :lol:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...lusive-made-mistakes-not-simple-just-picking/

Same thing as above, stolen off Instagram credit astonforza.

Unbelievable honesty, sums up what most of us thought and those who didn’t like the criticism of him proves even he knew he was right! The biggest culprit about all this was Smith who signed him and kept playing him.

C1625BC2-326F-462C-A463-BDA075E2BE92.jpeg

It seems like he has been struggling with lots of issues, however unfortunately it seems like these were mostly self inflicted. Saying villa was a wake up call after not playing for 18 months, well how the bloody hell did he not realise sooner. He probably needs to get his contract cancelled and move to championship side.

Can see the logic of taking him on loan. If he had clicked he could have become a big signing.

Hope he recovers. Not nice being where he is.

One of Smiths biggest mistakes in playing him for three games straight or whatever it was, absolute passenger. I haven’t fact checked what I’m saying but it was a poor period from what I remember, which included Man City which you can either add in to the mix or exclude as you see fit.

Smith says we were naive, but the most naive person all season was him.

Let’s hope he’s reflected during lockdown on his mistakes.

Must be nice to be paid £100k a week to get fit. Why didn't he realise when he was at Burnley? Could have saved us a few quid. If he feels that guilty, pay us back the money you stole :taz::rant: